What's new

Weavers of Ireland

I have been looking to get a flat cap and some other clothing like a jacket and vest. I recently stumbled across the Weavers of Ireland website.

I have some Irish blood in me, so i thought it would be fitting to get at least one thing made in Ireland.

Has anyone dealt with them before? I am not afraid to spend money on something that will last. From what they say it sounds like quality is one of their priorities.

Also, they have a decent return policy, but if something doesn't fit i can imagine shipping back to Ireland is not cheap. Is their clothing pretty true to size or is it a little tight or loose?

If anyone has dealt with them, id love to hear your thoughts!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never bought from them before. Their apparel looks pretty good. I like that most of their stuff seems to be on sale at the moment. I liked that it showed the prices in my money (Australia Dollars) rather than in Pounds and I didn’t have to try and work out the currency exchange in my head. That hurts. I hope that someone has dealt with them and can enlighten us.

Wear several flat caps but no advice there.

I have purchased smoking pipes from Scotland, Ireland, and England. Once needed to return a pipe to Scotland. Shipping was cost prohibitive because of paperwork, like 60% of the item cost.

Have you looked at the Village Hat shop?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Have a look at Hanna Hats of Donegal. I am partial to the 8 panel cap with a button, myself. But flat caps, 8 panel caps, or tweed hats, Hanna simply can't be beat. I've owned a couple of Hannas for 40 years, and the one I was given 3 years ago is the same quality as the ones from the 1970s.

Im not sure if you are looking for Irish caps that are made in Ireland or not? Or you dont mind? Because there is a company in Dublin they are Jonathan Richard hats. Them and Hanna Hats are great Irish made hat makers. But in Dublin you cannot buy directly from Jonathan Richards but this website called Gifts of Ireland seem to have a good range. They are in Dublin I believe. I'm interested if anyone bought on them because I see lots of American based sellers of their caps but not so much around Ireland

I've bought flat caps from them. They were great about making sure what they sent was right, highest quality, and FAST. I haven't ordered other items simply because when you wear a size 54 coat, you can't order waistcoats and tweed jackets very easily :)

Best of luck!

Top Bottom