What's new

Weather driven tobacco selections.....

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Glad you're safe and sound.
Though heartbreaking and extremely inconvenient and often costly - stuff can be replaced.
Loved ones, not so much.
We are too. I’ve seen quite a few strong storms in my life. Never really seen anything move like this before. The shear rate of the various winds and other elements made it quite intriguing. Thankfully no one was seriously injured town wide. But many folks have a long road to recovery and rebuilding.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
We are too. I’ve seen quite a few strong storms in my life. Never really seen anything move like this before. The shear rate of the various winds and other elements made it quite intriguing. Thankfully no one was seriously injured town wide. But many folks have a long road to recovery and rebuilding.
Glad you’re doing ok. One thing I don’t miss about living in Texas were the storms. I still see them here in Indy, but at least now I have a basement to get in. Cooler weather, or what you just went through, calls for a smoky Latakia/English blend in one hand and a good peaty Scotch in the other hand.

seabee1999

Glad you’re doing ok. One thing I don’t miss about living in Texas were the storms. I still see them here in Indy, but at least now I have a basement to get in. Cooler weather, or what you just went through, calls for a smoky Latakia/English blend in one hand and a good peaty Scotch in the other hand.
Many thanks! When we moved from SoCal to here I wanted some variety in weather. Got that in spades last night.

Don’t have Scotch, but I do have some good rum (Appleton) on hand.

Strange time of year for tornadoes, but not unheard of. There was a funnel cloud spotted over Liberal, KS, which is 60 miles southeast of my home. Fortunately I'm down in the Rio Grande Valley right now. Unfortunately, my wife was back in Kansas the last several days, flying back to the RGV this afternoon. Fortunately, she wasn't impacted by the bad weather. She didn't even mention the funnel cloud, probably didn't make too much news. People get a bit jaded toward tornadoes around here; of course most of those people have never been in or close to a big one. If you have, you tend to respect them.
I'm glad you and your's are safe @seabee1999.
BTW - it is not a small tornado if it hits your house. Wisdom from someone who rode one out from his basement as the house blew away (not me). Pipe or cigar smoking in a small shelter might become oppressive; Whisky would be fine.

I'm glad you guys are safe and you didn't lose anything!

We had some clouds trying real hard to turn in funnels here today.

We aren't worse for the wear besides some limbs being down and cable tv being down for a few hours. I only miss some spring training baseball. A little bit south of us had a lot of house damage and 30 miles south east of us had power out for a few hours.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
@seabee1999 I'm glad everyone is alright Dave, that sounds mighty scary. My wife has a healthy fear of the weather. Everytime we went into the basement I'd "be brave for the kids" but really she was the one who needed reassurance. We're very fortunate to have had all the major storms narrowly blow on by...we'll hope that continues 👍. Stay safe my friend!

seabee1999

@seabee1999 I'm glad everyone is alright Dave, that sounds mighty scary. My wife has a healthy fear of the weather. Everytime we went into the basement I'd "be brave for the kids" but really she was the one who needed reassurance. We're very fortunate to have had all the major storms narrowly blow on by...we'll hope that continues 👍. Stay safe my friend!
I also have a healthy respect for weather. I really enjoy photography and photographing weather when I can. The storm a few nights ago made me very curious and desire to study what was going on. Once I had seen the power flashes of blown transformers I knew it was time to react and seek shelter. Thankfully the path diverted away from us. Just today though in driving to the office, I am struck by how powerful wind can be. There’s a grove of trees near where my friend’s barn wa damaged. That grove of trees is slightly down hill about a 1/4 mile from him. All the trees are blown over, some at the root base.

Top Bottom