What's new

Wearing frag on a first date?

Am new to fragrances so I've never really worn them on dates. I feel like once you've known each other for a while it's not a big deal, but would you wear it on a first date? I feel like it's a risky move. If she likes the way you smell that will certainly help things, but if she doesn't (or even worse if she has a reaction to it) it could submarine the whole evening.

I wear a frag every day... it is part of who I am. I can understand that you might wish to choose something conservative and not over-powering but I certainly wouldn't go so far as to go without.

Wear something that you feel confident and comfortable wearing, and apply in moderation. Then, forget about it.

Back when I was single, one rule of thumb was to NEVER wear one of the old-timey classics on a first date. No Old Spice, Clubman, etc. Olfactory senses and memory are highly connected. If your scent reminds a woman of her father, or grandfather, you're either very in, or very very out, depending upon her relationship with her father or grandfather.

Great first date scents for me were Tommy Bahama, or Victoria Secret VS for Men. Both of them work well with me and avoid the risk of association with father figures. As always, keep it moderate...or even less than moderate.

Yes, and sandlewood. It can be a good thing for you if she smells you after she leaves...

(my girlfriend said a lot more, I translated it to man for you)

Fragrances are great on dates because they build associations. Wear something which aligns with the image of yourself that you are trying to present, and if you manage to make a good impression, this fragrance worn on the second date will bring back and help solidify the impressions.
If she doesn't like perfumes, you should reconsider dating her ;)

I agree with a lot of the above advice. I really like clean scents like Nautica Voyage. Coincidentally, my wife loved it when we started dating. As long as you don't apply too much, you should be just fine.

Am new to fragrances so I've never really worn them on dates. I feel like once you've known each other for a while it's not a big deal, but would you wear it on a first date? I feel like it's a risky move. If she likes the way you smell that will certainly help things, but if she doesn't (or even worse if she has a reaction to it) it could submarine the whole evening.

I often wear something unisex, that she will want :001_smile

Colognes on first date....hmmm, soo long ago!
Unless you already have something you really like, avoid new stuff.
for sure, more downside than upside.

Roll around in a pile of Benji Greens after you shower.

Seriously, pick one you are comfortable with and it will project confidence.

Another, more cynical option is to double down on a scent that you like that most other people you know hate. It will help screen out the candidates who aren't worth further consideration. :001_cool:

You are who you are. Wear what you like. Would you fib about your job or favorite movies? Be yourself. As a thought exercise, imagine you wore a safe, boring choice and she loved it and now you're stuck with it forever.

Sex Panther. 60% of the time, it works every time.

proxy.php

I'd say, After Shave as opposed to cologne. It's not as potent in my experience, and doesn't linger as long. Plus, if you get close, say leaning in at the dinner table, or a quick peck on the cheek when you first get together, she should be able to smell it.

Top Bottom