What's new

We need to use it or possibly lose it.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
There are passenger flights from the US to AU (multiple per day but not direct). It's just that USPS won't use them. DHL and FedEx are also still operating between the US and AU (although not direct or cheap).

You talk like there's plenty of space on the limited flights. There is not. Delays in moving their mail into AU and NZ, let alone the other counties they have made this temporary stop to, has been large.
NZ boarders are pretty much closed, so it should be no real surprise it has come to this. You can't expect to carry on as normal with drastically reduced planes landing. I'm helping out with the situation by buying local.

How's is international shipping for you in Cebu?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Texas could also be considered the "Great Southern Land".

Only if the equator is the end of the world. Can you truly be in the south if you are in the northern hemisphere?
TGNSL, The Great Northern-Southern Land.

1636754225544.jpeg

Legion

Staff member
Texas could also be considered the "Great Southern Land".
LOL.

OK, this could illustrate my point.

Texas has about the same population as Australia.

Imagine that you were finally able to secede from the USA, so you are now your own country. As a rsult the Texas dollar is worth about 2/3 of the US one. You are no longer able to import items from any of the states in America because shipping is not an option. And if you are able to import products or sevices from another near neighbour (Mexico?), then you have to pay air or sea freight costs to get it.

You'd probably want an area to discuss the local where's and hows as well.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sure, but if that happened with Texas, the participants wouldn't even notice that the rest of the forum existed.

The Texans I know would approve of that globe picture, I think.
Lol. I think you're right my friend. Shoot, they got me more than half convinced to move there and run for king! Texas has my kinda attitude.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... More talk about local vendors, products, services and interest items, which would probably be totally irrelevant to the rest of the forum.
All issues relating to AU/NZ could be covered in about half-a-dozen threads in other sections of B&B.

I do however notice that B&B is rather US oriented and some in the US think that their world ends at their country's boarders/coasts. Australians and possibly Kiwis are probably more international in their thinking.

Top Bottom