What's new

We live in a Golden Age of rifles.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah. There cannot be recreation without safety. Anyways.

What we did live in, was a Golden Age of Milsurps. Glad I had more coin ten years ago, when Mosins, Mausers and other foreign delights were plentiful!

AA

What we did live in, was a Golden Age of Milsurps. Glad I had more coin ten years ago, when Mosins, Mausers and other foreign delights were plentiful!

AA

AA
I wish I had gotten on the milsurp bandwagon earlier. I picked up a Swiss K 31 back in I think 2005 that really got me interested, so I got a C&R license and bought another five ( to make two stacks of 3) got on with one of the Swiss rifle forums group buy/import deal and got a 96/11 Schmidt Rubin, probably the most accurate rifle I have for iron sights. Back in the early 90's a friend had gotten his FFL and was wanting to sell something so I had him order me a 96 Swede. Luck of the draw I got a 1898 model a bit rough but for $65 I could not complain. Some years passed and I picked up a few more, either picking carefully on some of the internet sites or at gun shows. I did come across one converted to M 38 short rifle, that is a 1900 made my Mauser Obendorf, with a two digit serial number, all parts matching. Back to the Swiss, I got them all for about $70 ea with the exception of the first, which I paid too much for, but would have gladly paid more considering the condition and the drop dead beautiful piece of wood on it. I recently saw a rather plain model with a bayonet at a gun show with a asking price of $900, probably about 2 1/2-3 times too much , but he was probably fishing for a sucker.

Yeah! I can remember when you could get a good Springfield for about $30-40, but that was like 500 for me back then while I was in college.

Top Bottom