What's new

We have a great community and here are a few reasons why I think so… My year in review of some interactions with a few stellar B&Bers….

I just wanted to say that this forum has the best membership group of any forum (shaving related or not) that I have ever belonged to. And I have belonged to many over the years. Truly amazing people.

A few 2021 personal examples of how cool the fine folks on this fine forum are…..

- I was lucky enough to meet @rockviper today in person after buying a few soaps/AS from his BST as we live maybe 10 miles apart. He brought a trunk load of shaving stuff just to show me for funzies and we spent a good half hour chatting about shaving gear. I asked him if he had a cheap Injector I could buy or borrow and he immediately said he would lend me his favourite Hydro-Magic to try for a while. Oh, and here are some blades to try as well. True Gentleman. 👍

- I have always wanted to try a Morris and Forndran but Brad Sears doesn’t ship to Canada. @SgtCrppls knew I wanted to try one and sent me his M&F L7 Finest just to try for a couple of months. Forget about the extras he has thrown in with trades and such on previous interactions. Another gentleman. He changes brushes more often than many change their underwear, so maybe he will forget he lent it to me? 🤞

- @Owen Bawn . Ah, Owen. He may come across as crusty but that is what happens when you spend your childhood and teenage years with Jesuits. I know and still have the mental scars. Anyhow, I always wanted a Simpson M7 Manchurian and Simpson‘s top online sales rep (Owen 😜) had two and decided to send me one if I ordered and sent him one of the blowout Amazon Alrossa Chubby 1 Supers. Win for both of us. And the Palmolive stick was a nice touch. Great fellow even though he likes the Boston Bruins.

- Another local B&Ber @linty1 bought a Paladin brush from me and just HAD to leave me a care package when I dropped off his brush. A SE head, blades, lotions, etc. Didn’t have to do it, but as a true gentleman, he did and it was much appreciated.

There may be a few more I am missing, but I just wanted to thank the Academy B&B folks that make this place so informative and fun as well as the folks mentioned above.

Have a great holiday season all!

P.S. Sam and Doug… Say goodbye to your brush and razor. Suckers!!!!! JK. 😜

I very much agree with this sentiment!

I have looked through a lot of forums for a lot of knowledge, and have been turned off by almost all of them because of the way people talk to each other. B&B has been very welcoming, and rarely gets into the drama I see elsewhere.

That being said:

Mods, I have been called Stan the Man since before I was conceived. Please change the names of these other Stanly Manlys and allow me my rightful title ;)

I very much agree with this sentiment!

I have looked through a lot of forums for a lot of knowledge, and have been turned off by almost all of them because of the way people talk to each other. B&B has been very welcoming, and rarely gets into the drama I see elsewhere.

That being said:

Mods, I have been called Stan the Man since before I was conceived. Please change the names of these other Stanly Manlys and allow me my rightful title ;)
The real Stan is @FarmerTan , no? 🤪

Couldn't agree more.

I haven't been here that long, and I put out the call for some unobtainium blades and was blown away not just by the generosity of the responses, but the lengths people were willing to go to help me out (living at the other end of the world does have its challenges).

Good people all around! :D

Without be
Couldn't agree more.

I haven't been here that long, and I put out the call for some unobtainium blades and was blown away not just by the generosity of the responses, but the lengths people were willing to go to help me out (living at the other end of the world does have its challenges).

Good people all around! :D
Without being wishy washy, the generosity to complete strangers here is just amazing.

I have only been a member for a year and a half or so and I can’t count the number of times I have been offered free blades, razors, soaps, brushes, etc. I have a ton of stuff, so almost always politely decline, but just to offer to send a stranger shaving gear for free is so cool. 👍

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Why can't you just say that I'm crusty and leave it at that? Why do you have to spoil it by saying nice things about me? What'd I do that was so terrific? I sent you a stick of soap that cost 50 pence. That's some sacrificial generosity on my part. A real philanthropic mission.

Thanks, @SharpieB. Right back at ya.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Why, it was only this morning that @Darth Scandalous offered to take some nondescript old straight razor off the hands of @Matt O. All Matt had to do was cover there shipping cost.
1639784174764.jpgDarth is a truly benevolent gentleman. B&B is an amazing forum.

Why can't you just say that I'm crusty and leave it at that? Why do you have to spoil it by saying nice things about me? What'd I do that was so terrific? I sent you a stick of soap that cost 50 pence. That's some sacrificial generosity on my part. A real philanthropic mission.

Thanks, @SharpieB. Right back at ya.
Owen, I’m gonna sell that Stick for $10 and when the market gets hot, I shall invest that tenner in plastics. Plastics are HOT. Saw it on CNBC today I think….. Or maybe Dustin Hoffman told me. Either way, plastics. Bank on it. 👍

BTW, Are we still fighting? I was asked how hurt I was when you called me stupid. I am obviously crushed. Therapy is going well though…. 🤪

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Owen, I’m gonna sell that Stick for $10 and when the market gets hot, I shall invest that tenner in plastics. Plastics are HOT. Saw it on CNBC today I think….. Or maybe Dustin Hoffman told me. Either way, plastics. Bank on it. 👍

BTW, Are we still fighting? I was asked how hurt I was when you called me stupid. I am obviously crushed. Therapy is going well though…. 🤪
Ah, check the tapes. You said "Keep it Simple, Stupid." I pointed out that adding "Stupid" to "Keep it Simple" actually complicated things. YOU then replied that what I said was stupid. It was at this point that I finally hurled a "Stupid" back at you, to which you responded by saying you were going to tell your mother that I called you stupid.

Hey look, I'm sorry. The whole thing was stupid.

Ah, check the tapes. You said "Keep it Simple, Stupid." I pointed out that adding "Stupid" to "Keep it Simple" actually complicated things. YOU then replied that what I said was stupid. It was at this point that I finally hurled a "Stupid" back at you, to which you responded by saying you were going to tell your mother that I called you stupid.

Hey look, I'm sorry. The whole thing was stupid.
Hug, stupid? 😜

Kidding, you might like this to understand my current mindframe….

Post in thread 'What are you drinking tonight?'
What are you drinking tonight? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-are-you-drinking-tonight.306439/post-11579726

You are a beauty in any case. Next time the kids drag me to Kalihari….. I won’t tell you I was in Ohio. 🤪

We will meet one day and I can’t wait.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Top Bottom