What's new

WCS two tone tall brush with BOSS knot

Been using this brush for a week and it’s by far the best synthetic knot I’ve used yet. Only problem with it is it sheds. A lot. I’ve actually never had a synthetic knot shed and I have a dozen different synthetics. Is this normal? I’ve had badger and boars shed and with natural hair brushes realize it’s the nature of the beast.

This BOSS knot is literally losing 2-5 hairs everytime I use it. Obviously if the knot goes belly up it’s not the end of the world and I’d be out $16, but if it is a common occurrence with this knot, it will influence future purchases.

That sounds excessive. None of my synthetics shed more than a couple of hairs when new.

You should contact WCS and see what they say. Maybe they'll do a warranty replacement for you.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would contact WCS as I have never heard of a synthetic brush shedding. I suspect a faulty item that has slipped through quality control.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
That is truly odd, I do not use a lot of synthetics, but of the three I have (Simpson CH2, Shavemac and my very often used Muehle travel brush) none of them ever lost a single fiber (well, can't call it hair, or??).

I have this exact same brush and agree that it is a wonderfully, soft knot. IIRC, it lost a hair or two upon first use, but nothing like 03Jarhead is reporting.

Good luck, it is truly both a fine looking brush and great performer.

I own this same brush and other than the one single lone strand that came out of it when I first unboxed it, it has not shed a single strand since.

Contact WCS and ask for a replacement, you must have got an oddball. Although I’m not a synthetic guy, this is one of the most beautifully we’ll build gorgeous brushes I’ve ever owned.

I’m sure WCS will take care of you.

I just shaved and used the brush. This is a typical amount of shedding literally everytime I use it. Strange to say the least. I got a response from WCS today. They want me to send a picture of the knot....don’t know exactly what purpose that will serve, as the knot looks fine for now.
8244D769-4EFF-4E07-B3B7-9E3C3C7770FF.jpeg

I've never had a synthetic shed.
Nor have I. This is a first. This BOSS or game changer knot is still the nicest face feeling knot I’ve used yet. And it lathers like a beast. I may try the Razorock 400 just to try a different brush with the same style knot.

Used the brush again tonight and right on cue 5 shed bristles. Strange to say the least. WCS customer service has been top notch though. They shipped a new brush out today, free of charge. Other than the shedding issue, I think this knot is by far the best one I’ve ever used in all aspects IMHO. I’m currently on the Wolf Whiskers wait list and I’m kicking the idea around of sending him a game changer knot to use in the handle.
02036409-502F-46D4-A34D-8F680A7170B8.jpeg

WCS customer service has been top notch though. They shipped a new brush out today, free of charge.
I'm glad that WCS is replacing your defective brush! That's great service!

Now, you can yank the shedding knot out of that handle and set a new knot in it. :001_smile

My new brush from WCS showed up with the same knot, although this is the red and white handle as that’s all they had in stock. This knot shed 6 fibers on the first shave. Looks like they may have gotten a bad batch of knots. I won’t reach out to them about this brush as I realize stuff happens and I don’t expect them to give me an endless supply of brushes. Just a weird situation for a synthetic knot. Otherwise I still love the performance of the Boss-game changer knot.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My new brush from WCS showed up with the same knot, although this is the red and white handle as that’s all they had in stock. This knot shed 6 fibers on the first shave. Looks like they may have gotten a bad batch of knots. I won’t reach out to them about this brush as I realize stuff happens and I don’t expect them to give me an endless supply of brushes. Just a weird situation for a synthetic knot. Otherwise I still love the performance of the Boss-game changer knot.
Sounds very frustrating. I would email them again and offer to return the two for something decent. By the way, the brush in my avatar pic is from wcs, and has worked very nicely for over a year with no shedding, so you're probably right about a bad batch maybe.

Top Bottom