What's new

WCS Tall Boy Synthetic

I bought a West Coast Shaving two tone tall shaving brush in blue and white for traveling. I have 2 best badger from Saville Row, 1 special from B&B, an Omega boar and a B&B boar special.

I confess to being a being a boar snob. The badger brushes I have are fine, but a well flayed boar brush is my favorite. This synthetic felt like a reasonably broken in boar, to me.

This tall boy from WCS is nice, when compared to my badger and boar brushes. It holds water well, with just enough scritch on my neck that I felt like I'm using a real brush without sacrificing lather from at least 2 different soaps. I bought the brush for traveling. I've read that synthetics dry faster and can be packed up in less time than a natural bristle brush. Anecdotally, that seems to be true.

I recommend this brush. It lathered well, held moisture, felt good in my hand and offered a nice lather in a hotel when I needed to check out quickly. Nice brush for the price, IMHO.

Will happily field questions if I can help!

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of adding a picture. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the synthetic brush, not having used one before! These were (maybe still are) on sale at WCS, so very reasonably priced.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_071855.jpg
    IMG_20191205_071855.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
I have 2 WCS Synths and I like them better than my boar and almost as good as my Omega boar. After the first of the year, my badger handle will be reknotted with a boar knot and I will be badger free.

I have 2 WCS Synths and I like them better than my boar and almost as good as my Omega boar. After the first of the year, my badger handle will be reknotted with a boar knot and I will be badger free.

I meant to say I like them better than my badger. Lol.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wcs has some nice stuff and they stand behind their products too
great looking brush.

Nice review & pic.! I thing this is the next generation synthetic knot called the Boss Knot or Game Changer Knot. Its a beautiful to look at.

Thx. It's a good sized knot, too, about the same size as my Omega boar, a very interesting brush to work with.

@Rhody I agree, WCS does do some good stuff. And they are wonderful to work with. I wanted some soap one time that they'd discontinued. They rooted around to find some product to sell me, which I appreciated. I like doing business with them.

Top Bottom