What's new

WCS Stainless Steel Razors

I asked WCS about the aggressiveness of the head (1,2 or 3 C.G. scale). They answered my question on their website. It is considered a level one.

Cheers
John

Especially since they have greater options for configuration.

Sidepoint: Bullgoose currently is offering ATT for $150. Very tempting, but I think the kit would hit the mark for me, especially with a slant option. One day . . . when my RAD busting rational side is asleep . . .

Crowded market at the top end (aside from the Bullgoose offer, the Feather AS- D2 can now be had for as little as $130). WCS should have offered a good SS razor at a moderate price point. Would have IMHO been a home run.

PS: specs for weight are now up (I got another email and of course like a kid in a candy shop). But I think they have to correct them on their site - very doubtful the weight is as specified at 226 grams (8 oz).
My thoughts exactly. For the price, Id much rather deal with ATT or Timeless, companies who actually make the product themselves and can much better assure quality and serve customers better should there be a problem.
For a company the size of WCS, they should be able to compete at a lower price point than they are. IMO, they should be selling those razors at $130, not at $200+ with a $180 introductory offer.

Are there any differences in the WCS head vs the usual Charcoal offerings? At a quick glance they look pretty similar in design.

Are there any differences in the WCS head vs the usual Charcoal offerings? At a quick glance they look pretty similar in design.
According to WCS, the heads have the same geometry. I think Charcoal designed the handles based upon west coast landmarks but they use the same heads.

Old Thread bump.

I recently got the WC/CG CNC Handles, and I love them. Does anybody have a pic of this WCS/CG exclusive head that came out 3 years ago? The links in this thread redirect to the general razor section of WCS.

Thanks!!! BTW, I love the unique look of these handles, and the feel is fantastic. Nice upgrade to the weird hollow handle on my CG Level 2.

Here's my Venice Beach on the Level 2.
proxy.php

Interesting handle; thanks for sharing the pic. Is it brushed stainless?
Good question. I’m not an expert of finishes, but....

It’s definitely matte/satin. I assume it’s brushed, but there aren’t any visible patterns of “brushing” or machining. Maybe it’s blasted and not polished?? It’s very similar to the finish on a Rockwell 6S, but smoother. Almost like a skipping stone. And this isn’t injection molded like a 6S.

But wil it give me the same or better irritation-free, BBS shave that I already get with my Vintage Gillette Tech?

Top Bottom