What's new

WCS Silvertip down...

I have been breaking in a SOC boar for the last 6 weeks using it exclusively until tonight. I decided to return to the silvertip psychedelic badger from WCS. My wife gave it to me for the holidays and tonight marked the 5th use. I was startled when I heard a thud and looked down to find a knot of silvertip badger hair at my feet. Does anyone have any experience with WCS branded products and their warranty or willingness to stand behind their product?

5E639B97-CDA0-41F5-9E75-4EB19D26E760.jpeg
67ACAD74-2561-4354-83CE-5E9EA6D2C823.jpeg

Hopefully they take care of it. I’m sure I’m plenty capable of fixing it, but it wasn’t a cheap brush for this to be acceptable. I have felt as though badger brushes were on the fragile side, and this is supporting the notion.

Hopefully they take care of it. I’m sure I’m plenty capable of fixing it, but it wasn’t a cheap brush for this to be acceptable. I have felt as though badger brushes were on the fragile side, and this is supporting the notion.
It's an anomaly but I've had one do it too, a Kent.

I scored the bottom of the knots glue plug, put a small amount of epoxy in the handle press, twisted and it was good as new. Too little is much better than too much. You don't want epoxy coming up into the badger hair. Same technique as when you install a knot for a restore.

But as you said, hopefully they take care of it.

Last edited:
Glue it or e-mail them. I'm sure they'll take care of you. Good photos. That knot and socket don't show any glue residue to me. Someone forgot to glue that one I'm guessing.

They should be able to fix it for you. It looks like a clean separation so it'll be easy to glue back in as well.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It does show very little, if any glue, at the knot and in the hole. You can glue it back in, just get some epoxy, I use Devcon 5 min.
Just be careful and do not add too much glue, so it does not squeeze up into the hairs. Its a fine line of too little and too much....

I wouldn't touch that brush before getting a definite refusal from manufacturer. If they refuse to fix their mistake then there is no other (easy) solution than to fix it yourself.

Respectfully...Why make a crisis out of it? If you like the brush, then just glue it back into the handle?
seems like a manufacturing oversight. It happens. Doesn’t mean the knot or the handle is faulty. Heck, you can even adjust the loft now, if you would prefer more, or less...

Probably would have contacted them first before a shaming thread. :eek2:

Then post the findings after their response
By no means is this intended to be a shaming thread. Just a query as to their reputation and practices regarding their branded products. I am in contact with their customer service, awaiting a reply, but I don’t believe I’m shaming them..

By no means is this intended to be a shaming thread. Just a query as to their reputation and practices regarding their branded products. I am in contact with their customer service, awaiting a reply, but I don’t believe I’m shaming them..
Maybe not a shaming thread, but it sure puts the pressure on them to rectify it, since it's now public and everyone will want to know the outcome.

I didn't see it mentioned, but when was the brush purchase

Maybe not a shaming thread, but it sure puts the pressure on them to rectify it, since it's now public and everyone will want to know the outcome.

I didn't see it mentioned, but when was the brush purchase
It was received for Christmas, so shortly before that I would assume.

Why ask a buncha' ignorant goobers on an intenet shaving forum? The folks with a direct answer would be WCS themselves.

Go here: Contact Us | West Coast Shaving - https://www.westcoastshaving.com/pages/contact-us-1

If someone is handy and has some 5 min. epoxy, vinyl gloves and a piece of sand paper around, then it's an easy fix.
After the repair the knot will never every come out again. Takes 10 min. plus curing.

If there is no handyman around, the longer path via seller, shipping, waiting, return shipping is the path to be taken...Will most likely take at least 2 weeks and a trip to the post office or FedEx drop off box.

Let us know how it works out in the end, Rusty.

As foreseen by all of those who responded to this post, WCS has responded and is standing behind their product. Glad my experience with their customer service was in line with the reputation they hold with the B&B community. I will definitely purchase from them again and recommend them to others.

Top Bottom