What's new

WCS Fumble Recovery

My Daughter bought me an e-gift card from West Coast Shaving for Christmas. I have never ordered from them but I have read nothing but great reviews about them on this forum. Needless to say I was placing my order for a new brush and a few soaps Christmas afternoon. When I went to check-out the site would not let me finish placing my order.

Long story short, I called the next day and after several minutes on hold I got placed into voice mail. I left a voice mail, after several hours I got no return call, called again, long wait then placed into voice mail again. I realize that many other guys probably received e-gift card's from their daughter's to buy new shaving gear so I tried to be patient.

I finally got a call back. There were problems with the vendor software, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, they were very apologetic, upgraded my shipping and threw in a sample of pomade.

As a first time customer they could have lost my business forever but I will keep them in my vendor rotation.

There will always be problems, it's how the problems get resolved that separate the amateurs from the professionals and WCS was very professional.

I just had the same problem. Got a gift certificate for $100. Couldn't get the e-card to work. Called them and placed order over phone. My total was $100.71. They discounted the $.71. I know it's not much, however, I greatly appreciated the discount from them to make it an even 100. Great vendor!

Glad to hear how West Coast Shaving made it right for the customer - once again. I'm also glad that you highlighted such great service.

There are companies who know how to do customer service and companies that don't know how to do customer service. In the wet shaving world we are blessed to have many fine vendors, West Coast is amongst the very best.

Service is really the only thing that meaningfully separates any vendor from a competitor. WCS does it right.

Yeah i just made an order from them and everything was perfect; i fumbled on the shipping hit 75$ and didnt realize if i went to 80 i get free shipping until i got my package....oh well...it was super speedy shipping and it was perfect so no problem with me!!

How it should be done, positive proactive resolution in favour of the customer.
Others could learn a thing or two from them.

Top Bottom