What's new

WCS Classic Collection Razor 84S same as Merkur 34C

Hello fellow shavers. I was thinking of getting a Merkur 34c, but already own a WCS Classic Collection Razor 84S. Are they basically the same (at least the head)? I'd rather not purchase a razor that's almost exactly what I already have.

The Merkur is a 2-piece razor meaning that the post on the cap is much longer than the one on the 84s.
The 84s seems to refer mostly to the handle, rather than the head. Assuming that you purchased it with their standard head (a DE89 clone), the shaves should be on the mild side for both razors.

Yes, what lancre said. You would indeed be getting something very close in looks and performance. The good thing about what you have is you can use that handle on different types of heads. Purchasing just the head (or a different style/color handle) will allow you to relatively inexpensively try different varieties (open comb, slant, Muhle R41 head (select the "open comb" option at WCS), . . .). If you find something you don't like, you can always sell here and get a few dollars back.

Thanks for pointing out the distinction. It seems that there is no need to purchase the Merkur since the shave should be nearly the same (I do have their standard head). I do like that I can change the heads. I want to to try a slant next.

Reactions: ewk
Top Bottom