What's new

Watts Service Safety Razor

Hello everyone, I find very little info online about this razor. Can anyone comment on this razor? possibly a ballpark value?

Thank you!

Link removed

Last edited:
That's an odd looking razor, I've never seen a DE like that before. All I can say is that Sheffield steel is world renowned for it's quality, it's possible that it's a prototype model than never got to the mass manufacturing stage. As for value - pay what you think it's worth and bare in mind that you probably won't see another one or those for a while, if ever

Wow! That's really nifty and my RAD is pushing me to do some bidding, but I won't out of simple courtesy. Looks so intriguing. All stainless too, or so it says.

This was made by the John Watts company which started making razors around 1915. The New Service was patented and released in England in 1929 and patented in the US in 1931. It's an adjustable razor that uses standard DE blades.

No idea what it's worth.

It's also against B&B policy to post links to live auctions.

Very interesting razor ... it will make a nice show-piece for anyone's collection.

It may use proprietary blades ... which would make it useless for anything but a museum piece.

And it appears to be missing its Top-plate ... but with that crazy design, it may not have that piece in the first place.

I'm sorry, I did not realize that linking a live auction was against the rules. I don't know how post a pic here. Thanks for all the responses. Link removed.
Go ahead and bid on it, I will not bid as I'm just too strapped for cash. Please let me (and all of us) know if you purchase it and what you think of it once you get it.

Hello everyone, I find very little info online about this razor. Can anyone comment on this razor? possibly a ballpark value?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Are you talking about this unique razor? I do not think the top plate is missing. It is just designed like that "topless" :) $$(KGrHqR,!o4FB+mhG8wZBQr(chPL1g~~60_57 (1).jpg$$T2eC16F,!y8E9s2fjE)IBQr(dVKHt!~~60_57.jpg

Top Bottom