What's new

watered down aftershave?

Greetings gents, so I picked up some Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve: Brandy Spice at the drugstore. I then shaved cracked it open I got a strong boozy bourbon scent which wasn't bad, here is where I got slightly put off on the dry down I didn't really notice the strong candy apple scent but then it just didn't go away. My question is, is there a way to water it down so scent isn't as potent? I thought of mixing it with unscented witch Hazel but figured one you fine gents could help me out on this one. Besides the strong candy smell I do enjoy the post shave feel of it though.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I "water down" my bay rum aftershave with witch hazel. 75% bay with 25% witch works well for me.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Greetings gents, so I picked up some Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve: Brandy Spice at the drugstore. I then shaved cracked it open I got a strong boozy bourbon scent which wasn't bad, here is where I got slightly put off on the dry down I didn't really notice the strong candy apple scent but then it just didn't go away. My question is, is there a way to water it down so scent isn't as potent? I thought of mixing it with unscented witch Hazel but figured one you fine gents could help me out on this one. Besides the strong candy smell I do enjoy the post shave feel of it though.
Frankly, if you DON’T mix 1 part water (or witch hazel) with 1 part Pinaud SR, you’ll be ‘putting off’ everyone in your wake. :a35:

I cut aftershaves with plain Dickinson's witch hazel fairly often. It usually works very well. I enjoy the aftershave scent, but don't want it too strong. You can also add a few drops of glycerin, tea tree oil, whatever you like. Just mix a small quantity and experiment.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

There is a possible way to water it down and maybe make it even better?

What other drugstore aftershaves do you own? :)

Top Bottom