What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

1963 Omega Seamaster - a wedding gift from my wife.

Omega.jpg

My grandfather's/dad's 1970 Omega Constellation (a C-case) is in the process of being repaired. I'll really enjoy wearing that when it's ready, even though I don't particularly care for gold watches.

1963 Omega Seamaster - a wedding gift from my wife.

View attachment 855500

My grandfather's/dad's 1970 Omega Constellation (a C-case) is in the process of being repaired. I'll really enjoy wearing that when it's ready, even though I don't particularly care for gold watches.
Nice looking watch. Some will cry seeing that it is on a NATO strap, but except for seeing a bit of metal on the inside forearm I think this black leather strap which is void of stitching or other details really helps highlight the dial. A good balance.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
FoolishMortal, That is a beauty! I do think a nice leather strap would enhance the look. It is a very classic style. But, do what you like, it's a very nice gift.

Nice looking watch. Some will cry seeing that it is on a NATO strap, but except for seeing a bit of metal on the inside forearm I think this black leather strap which is void of stitching or other details really helps highlight the dial. A good balance.

FoolishMortal, That is a beauty! I do think a nice leather strap would enhance the look. It is a very classic style. But, do what you like, it's a very nice gift.

Thanks, gents. To be honest, I'm not especially happy with that band and I have a different one on order. I like the NATO style of a single strap - regular two-piece bands don't work well with my thin (6") wrist - but the hardware on this doesn't accent the watch as well as I'd like. The new band is a very simple, single pass-through that should work nicely.

I got a new watch winder for Christmas and until now, my IWC had been at the service centre. It's now back and in place, so "Watch Ya Wearing?" - one of these!

Attachments

• IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
I like those CYMA watches. Both of these look nice; the one with an integrated bracelet and the patina dial.

I also get a juvenile kick out of the name......wear it to an office/bureaucratic job and when someone asks what time is it? Answer: Its CYA/CMA time. :001_302:

Very cool. What the history with that watch and the brand?
Its a nice watch . it was a gift from a workmate cleaning out his house , mechanical and keeps good time i got this information from online " The Navystar range was introduced in the 1950’s and encompassed many different designs and movements, the common theme being it was a rugged waterproof watch in a slim case. There were over 20 patented technological innovations introduced to allow these timepieces to function under particularly demanding circumstances. The Cymaflex logo at the botttom of the dial refers to the patented anti shock system used on the balance staff" .

While not expensive or rare this was left in my father's will back in 2000. He bought this way back in 1980 something. So a testimony to Russian longevity. A standard Sekonda hand wind on the original expander strap. Keeps good time and 22 winds of the crown last a day and a half. Sorry for the poor picture.

IMG_20180130_154521~2.jpg

Its a nice watch . it was a gift from a workmate cleaning out his house , mechanical and keeps good time i got this information from online " The Navystar range was introduced in the 1950’s and encompassed many different designs and movements, the common theme being it was a rugged waterproof watch in a slim case. There were over 20 patented technological innovations introduced to allow these timepieces to function under particularly demanding circumstances. The Cymaflex logo at the botttom of the dial refers to the patented anti shock system used on the balance staff" .

What a nice thing for your workmate to do! I hope you continue to enjoy the watch.

Top Bottom