What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Vintage Tissot Visodate Automatic.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! This is the watch I was about to post, not having seen the previous post. Eerie. I wish mine had the small seconds like Austin's, but I won't complain. This one is a 1955 gold Omega Automatic, with a "bumper" movement and a silver face. As you can see from the inscription on the back, it was a gift from my mother to my father for their engagement. When my father heard I was interested in automatic watches (I had never seen him wear anything but a quartz), he dug this out of the bottom of a drawer, had it cleaned up and gave it to me. I don't wear it often, but I always enjoy it when I do.

Wow!! This is the watch I was about to post, not having seen the previous post. Eerie. I wish mine had the small seconds like Austin's, but I won't complain. This one is a 1955 gold Omega Automatic, with a "bumper" movement and a silver face. As you can see from the inscription on the back, it was a gift from my mother to my father for their engagement. When my father heard I was interested in automatic watches (I had never seen him wear anything but a quartz), he dug this out of the bottom of a drawer, had it cleaned up and gave it to me. I don't wear it often, but I always enjoy it when I do.
Gorgeous watch...even more so because of the story behind it.

I used to have a Rado Green Horse that belonged to my father. It got stolen from my apartment when we had a party back in college... it pains me to this day when I think about it.

Amazing watch! Take good care of it, the bumper movements can be pretty fiddely to repair if broken - and they are unfortunally quite prone to do that.

Regards.

Jakob

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Nice, these old eyes can't read the maker .. hopefully it isn't so obvious I should be ashamed to ask?

Here is the watch that beats them all! IMHO, that is. Austin how about another picture and some background on this watch?

Hi Rich,

I wish I had a grand story about this bumper but I don't. I picked it up at an antique shop 2 years ago. Fortunately, the watch was in pristine condition coming from an estate sale.

Nice watch Austin.....

No watch for me today, I am on furlough for the week so no need to know time....on B&B there is no time...:biggrin:

Nice watch Austin.....

No watch for me today, I am on furlough for the week so no need to know time....on B&B there is no time...:biggrin:

It's actually my son's watch. I purchased it for him some time ago and planned on giving it him when he is home. I may keep it because I have a vintage Seiko diver coming soon that I think he will like better. I will let him choose.

It's actually my son's watch. I purchased it for him some time ago and planned on giving it him when he is home. I may keep it because I have a vintage Seiko diver coming soon that I think he will like better. I will let him choose.

Very cool.....The way your going, that special day chest will be full...:wink:

Top Bottom