What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

1660287685290.png

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Fillard
I will bring it today to my watchmaker to test it for water resistance.

View attachment 1503458
Let's hope you don't see any bubbles escaping!

Outside of a few major cities in here in the U.S., I wouldn't know where to have that done. The only watches I ever had pressure tested were my Rolexes at Rolex when I worked in Manhattan. I would guess that good watchmakers are more easily found in Europe--especially in proximity to Switzerland.

Let's hope you don't see any bubbles escaping!

Outside of a few major cities in here in the U.S., I wouldn't know where to have that done. The only watches I ever had pressure tested were my Rolexes at Rolex when I worked in Manhattan. I would guess that good watchmakers are more easily found in Europe--especially in proximity to Switzerland.
I know that guy for years Uhrmacherei – Die Uhrmacherei in der Goldschmiedgasse - https://uhrmacherei.at/ and as I have to bring in my wife's Air King for a revision and dial change this shouldn't be a problem.

Air King.jpg

On top of that he has that Beauty to show...

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I know that guy for years Uhrmacherei – Die Uhrmacherei in der Goldschmiedgasse - https://uhrmacherei.at/ and as I have to bring in my wife's Air King for a revision and dial change this shouldn't be a problem.

View attachment 1503478

On top of that he has that Beauty to show...

Very elegant, with a lovely selection of timepieces. I gather your wife is getting the salmon pink dial.

(It's just amazing how quickly Google translates the German text into English.)

Very elegant, with a lovely selection of timepieces. I gather your wife is getting the salmon pink dial.

(It's just amazing how quickly Google translates the German text into English.)
Yes, she bought it with the salmon dial and I got her the blue sunburst 4 years ago. Now it’s time to change it back.

Mido Commander II, my first Mido. Wasn't able to resist when I saw it for a fantastic price on a flash deal at Ashford a few days ago, and UPS dropped it off this morning. Unfortunately the picture doesn't really capture how beautiful the Anthracite dial looks in person. This version came on a black Croc-embossed leather strap that I've switched out for the Eulit Perlon that I usually wear on my silver Certina DS-1.

IMG_1706.JPG

My Citizen Promaster Diver. The OEM 23mm rubber strap on this watch is oddly shaped in an oval where it meets the watch. I tried to switch to my CNS Marlon Band-O to fit, but, my patience wore out after multiple failed attempts. The spring bar would not seat. I used the Bergen tool and spring bar pliers, and, no dice. The weird shape of the strap makes it line up and snap into place easily. So be it. The OEM strap is not bad.
728B7F06-D17D-4FBE-B34B-F30B6DC99138.jpeg

My Citizen Promaster Diver. The OEM 23mm rubber strap on this watch is oddly shaped in an oval where it meets the watch. I tried to switch to my CNS Marlon Band-O to fit, but, my patience wore out after multiple failed attempts. The spring bar would not seat. I used the Bergen tool and spring bar pliers, and, no dice. The weird shape of the strap makes it line up and snap into place easily. So be it. The OEM strap is not bad.View attachment 1503746
There are curved end straps as well as curved springbars around if this might help…

The spring bar is straight, but, the case and strap are curved. A curved straight bar might work for a NATO. You can’t fit one through with the OEM bar. No room.
This was a pretty significant complaint with this model. I guess it is just a quirk.
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
The spring bar is straight, but, the case and strap are curved. A curved straight bar might work for a NATO. You can’t fit one through with the OEM bar. No room.
This was a pretty significant complaint with this model. I guess it is just a quirk.
View attachment 1503809
View attachment 1503810View attachment 1503811

Top Bottom