What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

I'm wearing my just-unwrapped, sourced-from-Spain (via eBay) 1997 Seiko SKX005. I've been looking for one of these for a while and I'm simply chuffed to have it! As a skinny guy, the mid-sized diver is perfect for me and I love it.

1997_SKX005.jpg

There's patina - it's missing some of the color in the engraved markers on the bezel - but it has (supposedly) been serviced, the case was polished up and the crystal is new, so that's the important stuff sorted. Sometime in the future, I may figure out how to fill the paint on the markers again, but for now, I'm not worried about it.

I pulled off the too-long rubber Seiko strap and put on the nearest-at-hand CNS straps. And, of course, I have a couple of new CNS straps inbound... :blush:

I'm celebrating my Citizen Promaster Diver BN0150-10E being ONE MONTH OLD today. :biggrin:

BN0150-10E_2022-07-16.jpg

It has gained seven seconds during that month so is well within the ±15 seconds/month spec.

My cheapo Limit watches both gain one second per week, which I like. I like them too. But my new Citizen has been on my wrist daily since I received it. It's definitely my favorite watch of all time (pun not intended).

So, a big THANK YOU to all the enablers on this thread that got me interested in it (and the CNS straps). :cornut:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
It's ok. It's better than a Timex or Vostok, but not as good as my Citizen.
My Steeldive and San Martin start out brighter, but nothing has the staying power of the Citizen.
I realized that I've never actually tested them against each other, so I did it.

L-R: San Martin SN004, Steeldive SD1970, Citizen Promaster, Seestern Sub 300T, and Pagani PD1701. The second picture is after 7 minutes, and the third is after 20. No enhancing has been done.

InCollage_20220717_012000969.jpg

So I was wrong about the San Martin and Steeldive being brighter. The color just gave that impression. But I was right about the Pagani, and the Citizen absolutely has the best line out of all of my watches.

I realized that I've never actually tested them against each other, so I did it.

L-R: San Martin SN004, Steeldive SD1970, Citizen Promaster, Seestern Sub 300T, and Pagani PD1701. The second picture is after 7 minutes, and the third is after 20. No enhancing has been done.

View attachment 1489327

So I was wrong about the San Martin and Steeldive being brighter. The color just gave that impression. But I was right about the Pagani, and the Citizen absolutely has the best line out of all of my watches.
You are missing a Seiko Lumibrite in your lineup ;)

Seriously, great lineup! I also have the impression that my Citizen has great Lume compared to others. The weakest is my fake Willard.

830E8D38-9191-48AB-ADC0-46B670B1307D.jpeg

94824CB8-756C-4BC0-B3C4-8F39EB134B8C.jpeg

Top Bottom