What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
full

Seiko snke49 -- I've heard it called a gateway to automatics (SNK series)

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Seiko snke49 -- I've heard it called a gateway to automatics (SNK series)
True that. Pretty soon, you'll give up everything you own and hold dear, and end up living in a cardboard box under the freeway, just you and your Patek Philippe. You won't be a pretty sight, but at least you'll know the time. (And you'll save the earth from all those nasty batteries.)

It's a true story, a thousand times told.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
New trio 6.29.jpg

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

The Chronys are on OEM Citizen straps. The three-hander came on a non-descript, black OEM strap, which I quickly swapped for something in mahogany by either Barton or Strapsco. Big improvement. Black is black, but color has character that grows over time. (I'm sure that shoe maven @johnniegold would agree.)

Also, I replace most factory buckles with deployant clasps. They look better, and they allow the straps to last much, much longer.

View attachment 1480051
Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

The Chronys are on OEM Citizen straps. The three-hander came on a non-descript, black OEM strap, which I quickly swapped for something in mahogany by either Barton or Strapsco. Big improvement. Black is black, but color has character that grows over time. (I'm sure that shoe maven @johnniegold would agree.)

Also, I replace most factory buckles with deployant clasps. They look better, and they allow the straps to last much, much longer.
I love that rally strap (or is it considered a tropic?) on the right!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I love that rally strap (or is it considered a tropic?) on the right!
Given the automotive motif of the watch, I'd call it a rally strap. But that's really kind of a thin distinction as I believe both rally straps and tropic straps are designed to dissipate perspiration by means of airflow.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If titanium is your thing- A Skagen at 52.00 USD plus shipping (reg 175) seems like quite the deal.

Brother, are you TRYIN' to get me in trouble with you know who?

That is a steal.... I thought @Whilliam was the "King of Enablers" around here, but it looks like his royal pinball crown is up for grabs doggone!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Given the automotive motif of the watch, I'd call it a rally strap. But that's really kind of a thin distinction as I believe both rally straps and tropic straps are designed to dissipate perspiration by means of airflow.
The key is to live your life like Bond, James Bond....so's you only sweat when you need or want to! That's the first thing they taught me in Spy Skool!

Top Bottom