What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
The Vostok getting its nightly wear, on one of my new CNS straps. I think this strap might be my favorite. The red stripes go nicely with the bezel and the second hand.

IMG_20211006_002034435.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Citizen for me today. I've had it by the window for a while to give the battery a (hopefully) full charge, as it seemed to be doing the jumping second thing too frequently. Likely the last day on the perlon, as Winter is Coming...
View attachment 1341451
You should just leave your watch in the sunlight if you can. It will not overcharge, plus it takes several days to fully re-charge. Otherwise, just leave it under a lamp or other source of light rather than keeping it in a dark drawer.

You should just leave your watch in the sunlight if you can. It will not overcharge, plus it takes several days to fully re-charge. Otherwise, just leave it under a lamp or other source of light rather than keeping it in a dark drawer.
Fair point. I was trying to keep it with my other watches to keep from cluttering up the bedside table (SWMBO hates clutter!). I had kept it on top of the valet (I think that's what it's called...my "Empty pockets here" box), but it doesn't get much light there either. Perhaps I'll use my 3D Printer to create a relatively nice looking watch stand for it to sit on and look more kept than just lying it down.

That's a mechanical, correct? Do you have to re-set the moon position often?
It is a mechanical which uses a fairly nice and accurate Sea-gull movement. For $200 it is a great value. I don't often have to reset the moonphase due to it being out of sync with the actual moon, but more so when I fail to wind the watch for extended periods of time. It is as easy as taking a toothpick and pushing the button on the side of the watch. There are sites online that you can match it up to when the need arises. No big deal at all.

I’ve got a Seiko 5 Automatic that I like but tend not to wear because it’s a bit heavy and slips around on my wrist. Shopping for a Citizen now.

I’ve got a Seiko 5 Automatic that I like but tend not to wear because it’s a bit heavy and slips around on my wrist. Shopping for a Citizen now.
Get a better band. :)

NATO and Zulu pass-through style bands don't allow much slippage at all, and you can get leather versions (at least of the Zulu). I really hate when a watch rotates off the flat of my wrist...
And better yet than NATO and Zulu would be an Erika's Original:
MN-back_2021-03-12.jpg

MN-front_2021-03-12.jpg

It's the most comfortable watch strap I've ever worn, and once adjusted (one time only) virtually NO SLIPPAGE.

Getting the "Tighter—Looser" fixture (figure 3 HERE) the correct distance from the bottom spring bar (to suit your wrist) can be a PITA... but once you have it it's brilliant. It's not cheap (like so many of its inferior copies) but well worth it IMO.

I found these gems via posts from @Jnatcat, thank you yet again William! :cornut:

Top Bottom