What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The last of my older watches that I haven't had on in years.. Seamaster 14k gold. The only strictly dress watch I have. Tiny, like the Constellation. Last time I pulled this one out ,7-8 years ago, it was gaining a couple of hours a day for about 2-3 days, then settled back down to normal. Didn't do it this time. Maybe the watch pixies visited.

0915211144~2.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The numerals appear to be Art Nouveau, which would tend to date the watch to the years before WWI.
I think you are pretty much on the money. I bought it sometime late '90s, maybe very early 2000s. My recollection is that it was from early 1900s.

One of my recent acquisitions, a Vostok (020711) on a cheap OD NATO strap.

I love the blue-to-green gradient color of the dial; now I need to look for a date-wheel (which is centered better than the picture shows) that isn't red-on-white. The bezel was pretty loose when I got the watch, but a quick adjustment (guided by a YT video helpfully posted by a B&B member) got it to just the right friction...which is good, because there are no clicks. Lume is mediocre at best, but that's not why I bought it and I have to say, it keeps time incredibly well!

Vostok_Gradient_KOMANDIRSKIE_020711.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom