What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

aop.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I literally JUST saw a review on this particular watch. Pretty interesting. I assume it's somewhat similar to a watch I saw years ago from Bulova that was a quartz with a sweeping seconds hand.
Yep, 4 ticks per second. Eliminates that annoying second-hand-doesn't-align-with-the-markers problem. It's a decent watch (so far, just came in not long ago). I would've preferred a stark white dial....it has a more antique-white finish; but I'd REALLY prefer the Grand Seiko Snowflake :laugh:....but it's what I can afford.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
My new Steel Dive SD-1970. This one is unbranded. In 1970 I remember my dad getting his first Seiko -- it was not the model that this one is homag'ing -- but rather it had a gorgeous blue face that just played with the light. It was heavy -- not a quartz -- I remember him doing the "Seiko shuffle" with it, so I assume it was an Auto. Dad was in the Air Force, and he was an enlisted man, so he did not have a lot of money to spend on anything, much less a watch. However there was this brand, Seiko, that seemed to cater to the folks who couldn't spend a paycheck on a watch, but they wanted a watch that looked nice. Times have changed, and my dad is gone (as are unfortunately the Seiko's that he had for decades), but the combination of the style of this watch, and the color of the face.....well, they make me think of him, and the day he came home with his watch in 1970.
proxy.php

Top Bottom