What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Truly an outstanding watch that looks great on you. The patinated lume is particularly cool. Enjoy!
Thanks Bill, just some minor observations until now. The lume after 2-3 hours resembles old tritium as well, so nothing like the current bright Cititzen or Seiko stuff. The crown could be set 1 mm deeper into the flanks to make it more elegant and the crown guards themselves are sculpted quite angular.

Circa 1950s Bulova “Beau Brummell”
Hand wound.

C269C6C2-8938-4528-90AF-88C4418D84AC.jpeg

20210415_160256.jpg

The Seiko "Arnie" reissue today, which is a "grail" watch for me. Received it yesterday.

The knife is a Victorinox Handyman...which I received today. And am carrying now, as Ohio just dismissed its draconian knife carry laws five days ago. Buckeyes can carry knives!

I am in a bubble of 1980s goodness right now.

I don’t like large watches but I traded the explorer 1. With the smooth bezel it wears much smaller IMO. The two toned version is definitely not my cup of tea.
Once the two tone hits the street I will have a look how it looks on the wrist. All steel models are very hard to get and most of the time above MSRP so there is a good chance that I can pick one up in a regular store. I see it as a more sporty Oyster perpetual.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
8 secs slow - going in the right direction

View attachment 1252189
Things have to settle in. Which is why it's pointless to have a watch regulated until it has had at least a month of wrist time (so I'm told).

Damn good looking watch. Steinhart captured the best of all Explorer II iterations from the 1655 on. Is the crystal sapphire or acrylic? Can the orange hand be independently set (unlike on the 1655)?

Things have to settle in. Which is why it's pointless to have a watch regulated until it has had at least a month of wrist time (so I'm told).

Damn good looking watch. Steinhart captured the best of all Explorer II iterations from the 1655 on. Is the crystal sapphire or acrylic? Can the orange hand be independently set (unlike on the 1655)?
Yes, I will track it for a week to see the trend and then just wear it for a couple of weeks and retrack again after that. Crystal is a medium domed sapphire and the arrow can be set independently, due to the 2893 movement, on crown position No.2 (forward is date, backward is timezone).

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Yes, I will track it for a week to see the trend and then just wear it for a couple of weeks and retrack again after that. Crystal is a medium domed sapphire and the arrow can be set independently, due to the 2893 movement, on crown position No.2 (forward is date, backward is timezone).
It's a quickset, too, I assume. I used to hate scrolling through a month of days just to set the date. :001_unsur

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok...I'm intrigued. Tell me a story. :) ☕
Lol, just dragging my mangy bones outta bed again!

That watch was given to me by my bride on our wedding day. We met when I cut her hair.

The battery died not long after, and I had no idea how to take the back off to change it. And we didn't have any extra money to take it to a jewelry store. So it sat for 30+ years.

It recently turned up while cleaning and I decided to tackle the job myself.

So, it's a cheap, way too small watch, but I believe it is the only watch I have that I didn't buy for myself.

I plan to wear it the day I perform my son's wedding.

Lol, just dragging my mangy bones outta bed again!

That watch was given to me by my bride on our wedding day. We met when I cut her hair.

The battery died not long after, and I had no idea how to take the back off to change it. And we didn't have any extra money to take it to a jewelry store. So it sat for 30+ years.

It recently turned up while cleaning and I decided to tackle the job myself.

So, it's a cheap, way too small watch, but I believe it is the only watch I have that I didn't buy for myself.

I plan to wear it the day I perform my son's wedding.
Great story, thanks. Not sure on the too small thing. You may be on the front end of the new style. Glad you got the piece running again.

Top Bottom