What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

I concur. G Shock Tues. Purchased in the Spring of 2014 in anticipation of BSA Philmont.
47BFF4F0-27C8-45DA-8B5F-63D4596B0F54.jpeg

Worn it last night to a BSA meeting and it stayed on overnight.

20210413_164546.jpg

Citizen Eco-Drive. Not sure what model or reference number. It was my Dad's watch until two Mondays ago, when he died. Dad considered himself a man of business and the office, which dictated his watch preferences differently from mine. I was mainly a soldier in much of my adult life, so my watches tend to be divers, fields, or fliegers.

The capacitor was dead until I put it on a window sill this morning. Then she just started ticking away.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like them okay. Well, I like the conservatively done ones. I own two now and I just use them as beaters. Probably won't buy another, as the stuff from most Chinese brands, like Steeldive or Heimdallr, is just head and shoulders above Invicta.
Good to know! I assume the guts of the brands you mentioned are better than a prejudiced American would expect from China?

Good to know! I assume the guts of the brands you mentioned are better than a prejudiced American would expect from China?

Oh...they are mainly Seiko NH35 movements. But I am less and less willing to buy watches with NH35 movements. They are a fine, tough workhorse movement...but I have that base well covered. They are essentially a hackable 7S26 movement. I had one of those that ran for 10 years.

I have a solar Seiko "Arnie" on the way. But as far as mechanicals go, I think a PT3000 or a SW200 would be the next step.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
View attachment 1250947

Citizen Eco-Drive. Not sure what model or reference number. It was my Dad's watch until two Mondays ago, when he died. Dad considered himself a man of business and the office, which dictated his watch preferences differently from mine. I was mainly a soldier in much of my adult life, so my watches tend to be divers, fields, or fliegers.

The capacitor was dead until I put it on a window sill this morning. Then she just started ticking away.
Cool watch
Sorry to read about your loss. Sympathies.

View attachment 1250947

My sincere condolences to your loss.
The Citizen will be a small daily token of remembrance...

Sorry for your loss. A beatiful watch to remind you of a beautiful soul, I'm sure. May she continue ticking. I know when I purchased my Citizen, I was told the capacitor can be replaced. Not sure of the cost, but glad this one is still ticking away.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1250947

Don't know how I didn't see this yesterday. Wow! Your Dad had good taste.

Top Bottom