What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Maybe that patent only covers some small aspect of the buckle or something?? As straps for watches and other things have been around for a long time. An article that talks about the origins of the parachute strap, which if it had been patented back in the day would be expired by now:
Interesting article. I’ll need to read it again
Several years ago I bought a similar strap I can’t remember the English company but the strap was billed as nos made from the last vintage parachute straps. I had been given to understand that this was not a bee design. I haven’t worn that strap in some time. I’m not sure where it is but I’ll try to find it and take pics. It was olive green with a yellow stripe.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
JLC on the wrist Knize Ten aftershave on the face.
8BEC4C98-6CEF-4B59-B5EC-798763858710.jpeg

Maybe that patent only covers some small aspect of the buckle or something?? As straps for watches and other things have been around for a long time. An article that talks about the origins of the parachute strap, which if it had been patented back in the day would be expired by now:
This was my assumption as well. Many things can be patented, but that design has been around for at least decades....if not centuries. I'm sure she makes a great strap, but wouldn't call others "illegal".

Orient Kamasu on a Strapcode bracelet.
4356255C-9B42-4226-A618-63B3354D538D.jpeg

Had to set all my watches to day light savings time. All synced up to the online atomic clock on Time.gov, give or take a couple seconds, so I'll check again how fast or slow my watches are. This Orient has been faster than most. Decided to wear it on my wrist for more than a day as see how it really operates. In the last 24hrs, it's gained 15 seconds. Not bad.

Fellas, what you dislike more? A fast running watch? Or a slow one?

Last edited:
Fellas, what you dislike more? A fast running watch? Or a slow one?

i still have a peeve to be timely when I say I will. Fast is always better, because “if you’re not 10 minutes early, you’re five minutes late“ still echos in my head.

nice watches gentlemen.

I’m still very happy with my MWC titanium and tritium G-10. At 40mm, and 13mm tall, it feels smaller than it measures on my wrist. and I’ve gotten it for the same reasons as @Polarbeard mentioned for his

24AD6026-045A-4A43-B3F3-9B7A87831BE3.jpeg

Top Bottom