What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Bought this slightly used Archimede Outdoor Protect 39. It just arrived this afternoon. Took out a couple of links in the bracelet, and it fits fine. Very, very happy with it so far. The picture makes it look bigger than it is, but it fits very comfortably on my 6.5" wrist.
View attachment 1232561
Nice! That one caught my eye (with the full-lume dial), the 39mm case seems kind of small to me though.

I was wearing this when I saw your post so I had to take a photo - my Archimede Vintage pilot watch (my first really good watch!)
PXL_20210307_211848278.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
I believe my search for a "really comfortable" strap has ended. My bony wrists have had problems with every strap I've ever worn.

I was intrigued by @Jnatcat William's post HERE; so I had a good read of Erika's Originals website with her patented MN™ straps.

I noticed that another member had purchased an illegal Amazon knock-off (no doubt unbeknownst to him). But as that was a "one size fits all" strap, I was pleased to have ordered from Erika (albeit five times the cost of my favorite watch that's wearing it :laugh:). (Erika's straps are available in every wrist size you can think of, at 5mm intervals.)

The usual view:
MN-front_2021-03-12.jpg

and from the back:
MN-back_2021-03-12.jpg

On the evening I received it, I spent ages playing around with different positions and tightnesses. I wore it all the following day, and made a few more minor adjustments. Today it's just perfect comfort wise, and I like the look of it too. This is a first for me.

A big THANK YOU to William @Jnatcat for the information. You're a star Sir. :cornut:

I LOVE the Hamilton Khaki. It may be my ultimate "grail watch". The difficulty is choosing which variety.

Oh yeah, it's one of the best kept secrets in the mechanical watch world. And possibly the most affordable way of getting into an ETA movement (at least it was at the time). I love the big display, the dependability and ruggedness.

And it can pull off dressy situations as well as G-Shock type stuff, as long as your strap game is tight.

I noticed that another member had purchased an illegal Amazon knock-off (no doubt unbeknownst to him). But as that was a "one size fits all" strap, I was pleased to have ordered from Erika (albeit five times the cost of my favorite watch that's wearing it :laugh:). (Erika's straps are available in every wrist size you can think of, at 5mm intervals.)
First off, glad you're enjoying your new strap! I recently have gone down the strap rabbit hole as well. It's amazing how much a good/different strap can change your watch.
I'm curious though...what makes you believe the amazon strap is "illegal"?

@Cal there are several makers that make MN type straps, not sure EO has a patent on her design but the material and workmanship of her straps are top notch...

I have a few “copycat” MN straps on watches of much lesser value and visually they look the same but after handling them the differences are very clear.

@Cal there are several makers that make MN type straps, not sure EO has a patent on her design but the material and workmanship of her straps are top notch...

I have a few “copycat” MN straps on watches of much lesser value and visually they look the same but after handling them the differences are very clear.
The footer on Erika's web pages say:
The Erika's Originals MN™Strap Is Patented Worldwide. MN™Strap Is A Registered Trade Mark. Erika's Originals and the Anchor Stitch are registered trade marks. Copyright © Erika's Originals 2018
HERE

The footer on Erika's web pages say:

HERE
Maybe that patent only covers some small aspect of the buckle or something?? As straps for watches and other things have been around for a long time. An article that talks about the origins of the parachute strap, which if it had been patented back in the day would be expired by now:

Top Bottom