What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Big Zero on purple Cordura leather.

bzp.jpg

20201022_205312.jpg

Yep...today it was that thing. Just as it has been every day this week. It isn't an Omega, folks. It is a fraud! A counterfeit. A foolgazy. It is the horological eqiuvalent of Professor Harold Hill selling musical instruments to the rubes in River City.

It is my ultimate beater watch. I purchased it as a "sterile" watch from Aliexpress. It wasn't supposed to say "Omega" on it. But then it arrived and it DID say Omega. So I wear it when I do arduous physical activities on the job. Let the damn thing get scratched!

Oh, and it keeps crappy time. This morning, after four days of wear, it was 8 minutes fast! That ain't no NH35 in the case! Oh heck no.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1172338

Yep...today it was that thing. Just as it has been every day this week. It isn't an Omega, folks. It is a fraud! A counterfeit. A foolgazy. It is the horological eqiuvalent of Professor Harold Hill selling musical instruments to the rubes in River City.

It is my ultimate beater watch. I purchased it as a "sterile" watch from Aliexpress. It wasn't supposed to say "Omega" on it. But then it arrived and it DID say Omega. So I wear it when I do arduous physical activities on the job. Let the damn thing get scratched!

Oh, and it keeps crappy time. This morning, after four days of wear, it was 8 minutes fast! That ain't no NH35 in the case! Oh heck no.
As long as the beer is cold, who cares? As for running fast, think of it as keeping "bar time." Wear it in good health.

You bring me fond memories of my childhood growing up along the Napa River, watching Chaser make the passage between the Marina and Brazos RR bridge. I only toured aboard at the docks, but I followed my Grand Pa and Pop into Naval Service after a childhood living out on the levy with the sloughs and salt flats for my playground.
Cheers!

Since I am on the SSS Chaser with my Sea Scouts, I am wearing the 24 hour Vostok Komandirskie 200m WR on a blue and red NATO strap from Crown and Buckle.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Seiko Alpinist arrived today! Absolutely love the green dial and cathedral hands. Ditched the plastic leather stock band immediately. Looked at a lot of pictures before buying the watch, and saw a lot with tan/brown bands. They looked fine. I really wanted to highlight the green/gold contrast and gold indeces and found this leather band from ColaReb in ocher. I think it works.

alpinist.jpg

Top Bottom