What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

I liked the Bund that I got for my Pobeda so much that I ordered the tan one. Put my green Vostok on it; I think they pair well.
vostokonbund.jpg

Finally had some time to finish this watchbox. I hope they like it. This is the color that they wanted. I spray lined the inside with velvet fibers. The divider is cedar, so the box has a nice scent when you open it. I also carved their initials on the handle (you can barely see it in the pictures though). I had fun making this one.
20200915_091146.jpg
20200915_091204.jpg
20200915_091425.jpg
20200915_091521.jpg
20200915_092027.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Finally had some time to finish this watchbox. I hope they like it. This is the color that they wanted. I spray lined the inside with velvet fibers. The divider is cedar, so the box has a nice scent when you open it. I also carved their initials on the handle (you can barely see it in the pictures though). I had fun making this one. View attachment 1155363View attachment 1155364View attachment 1155366View attachment 1155367View attachment 1155368
Beautiful work my friend! Exquisite.

Titoni is relatively unknown here but an amazing Swiss watch with history. Nice watch!

I only know of them (Titoni) through having my father's Felca watch serviced and rebuilt by them. That had to go to their HQ in Switzerland and was all paid in Swiss Francs. Anyhow I came across this while the Felca was abroad. It was in a junk shop and I snapped it up for a few quid. The date and day are in either French or German which shows this watch (according to Google) was made for the European market not Titoni's usual far East market. Which explains how my farther had the Felca. He told me he picked it up when he made a wrong turn and landed in Korea just before it all went wrong. Felca and later Titoni made quality Swiss watches mainly for North Africa and the far East, and what was called Indochina. Now my father was in the army for 26 plus years and was all over the place in the 50's and 60's before coming back to Europe.

The watch keeps excellent time and like a Seiko can be wound by hand to kick start from empty.

I only know of them (Titoni) through having my father's Felca watch serviced and rebuilt by them. That had to go to their HQ in Switzerland and was all paid in Swiss Francs. Anyhow I came across this while the Felca was abroad. It was in a junk shop and I snapped it up for a few quid. The date and day are in either French or German which shows this watch (according to Google) was made for the European market not Titoni's usual far East market. Which explains how my farther had the Felca. He told me he picked it up when he made a wrong turn and landed in Korea just before it all went wrong. Felca and later Titoni made quality Swiss watches mainly for North Africa and the far East, and what was called Indochina. Now my father was in the army for 26 plus years and was all over the place in the 50's and 60's before coming back to Europe.

The watch keeps excellent time and like a Seiko can be wound by hand to kick start from empty.
Titoni is truly big in the Far East. For "Monday", if you see "Lun" it's French or "Mon" it's German. I think there is too much competition in the market segment here. Regardless, that's a really great story. Thanks for posting it.

Top Bottom