What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Most definitely @Billski . I really like the simple field watch look.

Wearing this cheapy watch from Walmart today at work. Been doing well for a $8 watch.

20200618_110228.jpg

I’ve run into ex military types who have worn their PX issued Seiko divers since the 70’s and 80’s and to me that’s cooler than any new diver. I agree the Jubilee really dresses up the Seiko. Most of the time you’ll see them on period rubber or NATO straps.

Oh no not a NATO strap, it looks outstanding on the Jubilee bracelet

Yes they are not as bright as when new but still really visible in low light
Tritium has a half life of about 12.5 years so by 20 years it’s more or less done. I have a Ball with tubes and it’s starting to get noticably weaker. I’m wondering about getting them replaced.

My Rollie was up next for this week but I held out until my strap got here for a vintage Vostok Komandirskie I purchased got here, for those that don’t know these are a fairly inexpensive pieces that are built like tanks.

Some are automatic and some are manual daily winders and mine is the second, when first getting it gained almost a minute a day so off to the internet for details on how to regulate and at least for these it’s pretty easy

Anyway it’s presently running at +/- 10 SPD so not terrible as the specs are -20/+40 SPD but lots are getting +/- 2/3 SPD after work

View attachment 1114488View attachment 1114491

I have one of these incoming now, thanks to you!

Ironic, its on a NATO band. :D I'll post it when I wear it the first time... may be a while since it's coming from the Ukraine.

Top Bottom