What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I am wearing this one now since i got it earlier this year. This piece holds time like no other watch I ever owned before. Within the first ten days, it is right on. I wear it 24/7, so the last time I had to set it was when I adjusted the date end of February. Since then I daily check with NIST time and today it is about 8 seconds fast since 1. of March when I set it. That's not bad, 8 seconds fast in 45 days.

When I bought the GMT I nearly bought the burgundy on the leather strap.

When I purchased it came with the steel bracelet but I ordered a alligator strap from ABPConcept and then picked up set of smarty links to close up the gap, using the links gives it more of a finished look, first couple pics are without the links and I did not care for the unfinished look

88E5863A-8E17-4615-962D-B255A1E02FF7.jpeg
A0F237FE-5742-46D9-ADD8-C785528B1201.jpeg
9863D1B0-FFA9-4C18-B47D-A2ACCD5DBC17.jpeg
62236A74-AE12-4F03-B6A0-78F452357A2B.jpeg
E535DC54-0D31-4494-BE2A-0B29E593B69D.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dakota Atomic digital. Don't remember the model name. Not a bad $30 watch, but it sucks batteries dry faster than any other watch I own.
Is it possible that it is set up for continuous syncing with the atomic clock? The Casio I had years ago had that option, but came with the default of syncing once a day. With a quartz watch, that ought to be more than adequate.

When I purchased it came with the steel bracelet but I ordered a alligator strap from ABPConcept and then picked up set of smarty links to close up the gap, using the links gives it more of a finished look, first couple pics are without the links and I did not care for the unfinished look

View attachment 1086933View attachment 1086934View attachment 1086935View attachment 1086936View attachment 1086937

Love Black Bays with the red insert. Well, any of the Black Bay variants are good looking watches, but that hue of red really "floats my boat."

Love Black Bays with the red insert. Well, any of the Black Bay variants are good looking watches, but that hue of red really "floats my boat."
Will be interesting what new models Tudor release this year. No Basel World this year, so I guess they will just release them on their website. This was going to be the first year Tudor had its own stand. They usually just have a section of the Rolex stand

Many will scoff at spending over $1000 USD on a wristwatch suggesting a mobile phone is truly all you need to tell the time.

They would be correct about the phone being all we need for accurate time keeping.

But as men, we dont have a lot of options when it comes to jewelry. Very little we can use as bling. To me, that is where the watch comes in!

And since I have been in isolation, I really havnt been wearing any of my watches... they sit in the winder, waiting for life to turn normal again. But being Thursday, I would be wearing my Tag Heuer Caliber 7 today. Thursdays are wine and cheese night for my wife and I (we have wine and cheese for dinner, catch up on our shows together, etc...a date night, if you will), and since she gave me the Tag, I wear it those nights.

So here she is with her sisters, a Rolly Datejust with diamond markers that I wear when I am wearing a tie, and a Rolly Explorer II, my usually daily driver.

IMG_20200416_102348.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture... quick and too the point, it is!

Hoping to add a GMT II some day, and perhaps replace the Datejust with a Celini.

The Legend Diver is a true value proposition as to entry level “luxury” wristwatches IMO. The ETA 2824 movement is robust and quite accurate! Many will scoff at spending over $1000 USD on a wristwatch suggesting a mobile phone is truly all you need to tell the time.
View attachment 1087419

I love that statement, a few friends have laughed at me for spending what I have spent on time pieces and they get a real chuckle when I tell them this watch or that watch gains or loses 2-4 secs a day and they said if I bought a “ Smart Watch” or similar it would keep perfect time and the whole winding and setting thing really blows there mind.......They will never know what they are missing, there is just someone unique about a mechanical watch that intrigues me.

Top Bottom