What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
LLD
36123E29-2213-44A4-913D-4F4E34C64BEC.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm glad you asked. Because until 4 minutes ago I didn't know either. This is from Invicta's Jason Taylor Collection. Wikipedia informs me he was a pretty good linebaker for the Dolphins. His jersey number was 99. He retired after the 2011 season.

I, of course, bought the watch on impulse, after a few beers, being cooped up at home hiding from The Red Death. I wanted a black PVD coated watch and these gold accents brought a little "pop" to it. By Invicta standards, I consider it downright conservative. I am considering putting one of these on it.

View attachment 1081968
A good, well-chosen leather strap pretty much improves any watch. JMHO.

BTW, I have a relatively conservative Invicta that I bought 1) because it was $35, 2) it wasn't big and shiny, and, 3) it had a skeletonized movement. Best feature, though, is that it doesn't say "Invicta" anywhere on the dial or bezel.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Bulova Lunar Pilot Special edition:

full

By "special," it's actually less fancy! The regular one has a date numeral, and either a metal bracelet, or two: a carbon-fiber-looking one and a nylon band.

This one is $50 less, has an acceptable NATO band and the more-correct no-date.

When you're driving Apollo 15's Lunar Rover, you KNOW what day it is. Just saying.

And this will have many different bands in its life, hopefully. Tons of choices.

AA

A good, well-chosen leather strap pretty much improves any watch. JMHO.

BTW, I have a relatively conservative Invicta that I bought 1) because it was $35, 2) it wasn't big and shiny, and, 3) it had a skeletonized movement. Best feature, though, is that it doesn't say "Invicta" anywhere on the dial or bezel.

Invicta is best when it is being conservative. For example, they have a Pro Diver "1953" model that is quite intriguing. Of course, it is completely sold out right now.

All their other stuff looks like what you'd find on the wrist of B-grade Russian mafia wearing velour tracksuits in the 1990s Yeltsin-era St. Petersburg running a seedy disco.

I've done a bit of "virus impulse buying" the last couple of weeks and have a few things en route to me.

First to arrive should be a Casio G Shock "metal" kit that will allow me to convert a DW5600E into a stainless steel metal configuration. Arriving at about the same time will be a Steel Diver homage to the Seiko 6105 Vietnam-era "turtle" and a Heimdallr Sea Shepherd. Last to arrive should be a Sea-gull 1963 hand wind chronograph.

But I could easily be talked into getting a Seiko Flightmaster with part of the relief check...if you twisted my arm.

Top Bottom