What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

When a Panerai is not in the budget...

IMG_2076.jpeg

I've never owned a "Tuna" as far as I can remember, but the shiny case of the 035 appeals and I believe it has Diashield to help protect against day to day wear. I just wanted opinions on the model as I can't find one locally to try on.

One thing I'm unsure about is how reflective the crystal is. It seems to reflect quite a lot in a video review I watched, and that's something that usually makes me flip a watch quickly.

Also, would you sell a PADI and a Sawtooth to make this your one and only Seiko diver? :-s I love them both equally but can therefore never choose which to wear, so I tend to not wear either!!! If I had oneSeiko diver I liked as much, that's a little more versatile in the form of the Tuna, it sounds like I'd wear it more, if that makes any man maths sense.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I've never owned a "Tuna" as far as I can remember, but the shiny case of the 035 appeals and I believe it has Diashield to help protect against day to day wear. I just wanted opinions on the model as I can't find one locally to try on.

One thing I'm unsure about is how reflective the crystal is. It seems to reflect quite a lot in a video review I watched, and that's something that usually makes me flip a watch quickly.

Also, would you sell a PADI and a Sawtooth to make this your one and only Seiko diver? :-s I love them both equally but can therefore never choose which to wear, so I tend to not wear either!!! If I had oneSeiko diver I liked as much, that's a little more versatile in the form of the Tuna, it sounds like I'd wear it more, if that makes any man maths sense.

In my opinion any or all of the Seiko line of divers could be a great one watch everyday wear piece. If you transposed the last three digits of the SBDC053 reference and referred to the 62MAS "reinterpretation" as 035, I would say that it could be a really great everyday wear diver however it wears a tad large. Not Invicta large but larger than the case measurements suggest. It is a strap monster and can show well on a variety of stainless, rubber, canvas, or even leather straps. It is a nice value around $700 new and $500 preowned. If it were 39mm across the case it would likely be my everyday piece. If you were referring to another Seiko reference then I am mistaken. The SBDC choices have many dial colors. I have sold off MANY watches that could have easily been one watch guy candidate ones. Much like the acquisition disorders with razors, brushes etc in the shave world, watches can grab you and keep you thinking the next best one is just around the corner. If I were you I would just keep rotating the PADI and the Sawtooth because those are really cool watches and show that you already know what you are doing! Cheers! Mike
IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG
imageedit_6_5215485982.jpg
imageedit_6_5215485982.jpg

I don’t wear divers exclusively but I do have several. I’ve been fascinated by automatic dive watches ever since I was a kid and used to like holding my dads old self winding watches. Next on the list is to get a Marinemaster and SPB051.

1C481827-D2FB-4754-B3D4-22508E03581F.jpeg

20191103_110614.jpg

Omega steel bumper automatic from 1950, when Mona Lisa by Nat Cole was the no. 1 song on the radio and Joe DiMaggio was playing center field for the Yankees.

Top Bottom