What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Sticking with the 🆒est watch ever. The Cinema
1015211146_HDR~2.jpg

captp

Is that an old style, or is it new? Ever since I saw it I've been intrigued. I have to agree, the "cool" factor on that is off the chart.

I'm thinking "Steve McQueen, circa 1971".....
The Regulator style has been around for a while, not too sure how long. It refers to the separation of the hour & second hands to the subdials & having the minute hand at the prominent, central position. I think Hamilton's Cinema design, with "film reels" instead of regular hands is fairly new, maybe the last couple of years or so.
Hamilton makes several others Regulators with "normal" hands on the subdials. They are much easier to read, but lack that ultimate "Cool" factor of the Cinema.
Steve most surely would wear one. In a way, I'm glad he's not around to popularize it; it's nice having the coolest watch on the block. Almost like being the only kid on the block with a '63 Avanti.

captp

Again with the Regulator Cinema (never a boring watch). Keeping excellent time. About 7-8 seconds loss over 4(?) Days.
Can't ask for much better than that for a watch not certified as a chronometer. Well, I could, but that would be exceedingly picky of me.😎
1017211252~2.jpg

I'm sporting an Islander ISL-1 dive watch today from Long Island Watch Co. I put it on this morning, because it has a 12 hour bezel that I can use to keep track of Central European Time while I watch Italian Serie A football on TV. It seems that adding 9 to my current time confuses me if I have to do it in my head.
Welcome to B&B Fletch. :001_smile

... and bear in mind one of the many unwritten rules: pics or it didn't happen! :wink2:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for the welcome. Here's my skinny wrist sporting the ISL-01:

View attachment 1347521
Got ya beat in the skinny wrist department friend! And welcome to B and B by the way.
Baumer and Mercier 8787-now discontinued. Not a lot of yellow gold watches. Most are Rose Gold now.

View attachment 1347542
That is a sharp watch.
Hamilton Jazzmatic Thinline
View attachment 1347573
And so is that one!

Man, I'm dying of "watch envy!"

Top Bottom