What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

smoothing out --> +0.5 secs over the last couple of days
IMG_0404.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
If you can afford the price of admission, it's hard to lose money on a Rolex (though that bubble has to pop sometime).
A local shop (an AD at that time) told me that he sold several Newman Daytona models in the late 70/1980 to an owner of a small company who gave them to management as gifts. Going rate back then was something like $300. One person apparently returned the gift watch and he bought it back. the shop keep was wearing it as he told me the story after I noticed it and asked about it. So the bubble has been going for decades.

A local shop (an AD at that time) told me that he sold several Newman Daytona models in the late 70/1980 to an owner of a small company who gave them to management as gifts. Going rate back then was something like $300. One person apparently returned the gift watch and he bought it back. the shop keep was wearing it as he told me the story after I noticed it and asked about it. So the bubble has been going for decades.
This, times 10. They are pretty much the epitome of an investment, and the world will have to go to hell to lose money. During the pandemic, Rolexes have been close to impossible to find...at least the desirable ones.

Top Bottom