What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great story, thanks. Not sure on the too small thing. You may be on the front end of the new style. Glad you got the piece running again.
Thank you. That means a lot.

I love my "War Department" - even more than watches, which means a LOT, trust me.

I'm sometimes (okay, RARELY, since as EVERYONE on here knows, I have a Superiority Complex!) intimidated by the expensive watches on here. No, that's not true; I'm rarely "intimidated" by anything. Nursing Skool and arrogant Docs will drive that out of you..... But I often feel that my paltry but precious kollection of watches won't measure up.

But then I remember: my Casio or whatever watch for the day is something that Galileo would have been astounded by! And nearly all of my beat up watches were working with me as I took someone's Vital Signs, or had the privilege of being with a patient while I was saying goodbye to them as their heart stopped ticking, while my Timex just kept ticking.

So, sorry for being so maudlin my friends, but I will continue to be bothering you as I attempt to get my long neglected, memory filled kollection of watches back in running order. Thanks for letting me ramble, Dave: the Tanned Farmer

Found out another old Pebble. After a few hours on charge and a new watch face from the Rebble store we're good to go.

IMG_20210416_185550362_HDR.jpg

FarmerTan

Found out another old Pebble. After a few hours on charge and a new watch face from the Rebble store we're good to go.

View attachment 1252407
I've seen everything, but I ain't never seen that! So cool!
Probably something sacrilegious about this but I wanted to see the Zodiac on the rubber Seiko band.

View attachment 1252578
That looks perfect to me my friend.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a watch Bruce Wayne would wear!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Is that the company that has the watch has 4 faces and is worth way more than my house and 10 acres? It has something like a perpetual moon calendar or something. Only 10 being made?
I cannot say with any certainty, but it certainly is possible. Watch brands in that part of the stratosphere compete on the uniquity of their complications. Prestige is all; costs are secondary.

Classic, simple beauty. :thumbup1: Off to play a few chukkas, are we?

Thanks, yes this is quite radical by modern standards - all it does is show the time! No frills. I’ve had it for years and it gets wrist time once in a while. I usually like something a bit more robust.

Don’t get me started on chukkas. While I don’t play any contact sports, they are my favorite footwear style!

FarmerTan

Nooooo it's not old it is around 4 years old, it was done for the USA Blue Angels display team.
It's not the high end model as that was going for silly money.
I love it.

Those "Blue Angels" are just amazing to watch, no pun intended!

I just thought it was old because of the design for some reason. Beautiful.

Top Bottom