What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Another cheapie watch....Vostok Tank, the date wheel quit working on this one awhile back but that’s ok as it keeps pretty decent time for a $40 watch

Attachments

• 12894EDF-801F-43D5-A4D9-CF3E6226A82D.jpeg
    12894EDF-801F-43D5-A4D9-CF3E6226A82D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Dude. Seriously. Love the watch, but do you ALSO always have to be wearing a shirt that makes me want to raid your closet?!? Do you OWN any ugly clothes?
Clothes, specifically shirts and neckties are another passion of mine. Thanks for your kind comments. At age 60 and a Bachelor, (not by choice).... I have quite a bit of disposable income to treat myself. Thanks again for noticing.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Clothes, specifically shirts and neckties are another passion of mine. Thanks for your kind comments. At age 60 and a Bachelor, (not by choice).... I have quite a bit of disposable income to treat myself. Thanks again for noticing.
I have a wife, so my passion for clothes has been fed by second hand stores and a certain auction site. I am continually amazed by the bargains if you have a sharp eye.

Lol! SEVERAL times I have been the best attired gent at a social occasion and all together have less than $100 on my back! When I was single, well......money didn't matter I suppose!

FarmerTan

And disposable income is not a bad thing. If your bills are paid the ONLY guide for spending money is your conscience.

I was unemployed three separate times for health reasons, and EACH TIME I made more money at the end of those times than at the beginning, BECAUSE OF THE GENEROSITY OF OTHERS, almost always anonymously!

Humans can be amazing creatures given the opportunity. Being on the receiving end is definitely more difficult than being on the giving end. I have ALWAYS been greedy with my time. And I wonder if that is why I have such an insatiable appetite for watches?!? Oh my! I'm beginning to dig deeper into my psyche than I intended! Yikes!

For some reason, I really love that the bevel on that diver is "backwards" from normal.

From what I understand, the Sinn 104 is more of a pilot watch. So even though it has a screw down crown and 20 bar water resistance, it also has a couple quirky things like magnet resistance and the rotating bezel turns both ways.

And yeah apparently pilots need to know how much time is left, as opposed to divers who want to know how much time has passed.

I’m neither so I just use the bezel for cooking ;)

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
An $80.00 watch I bought on the internet. I didn’t respond fast enough , so I had to buy it. The Navy Federal Credit Union said, “Yes you must buy that, you were too slow not to buy it.”

From what I understand, the Sinn 104 is more of a pilot watch. So even though it has a screw down crown and 20 bar water resistance, it also has a couple quirky things like magnet resistance and the rotating bezel turns both ways.

And yeah apparently pilots need to know how much time is left, as opposed to divers who want to know how much time has passed.

I’m neither so I just use the bezel for cooking ;)

Full disclosure: when I got my first diver watch, I had an assumption that the bezel was how much time is LEFT. Then noticed that it didn't function that way. Thankfully, like you, I'm neither a pilot nor a diver and frequently use the bezel for other uses. Like telling the kids "In 15 minutes...." ;)

Regardless what you call it...it's a nice looking watch.

FarmerTan

An $80.00 watch I bought on the internet. I didn’t respond fast enough , so I had to buy it. The Navy Federal Credit Union said, “Yes you must buy that, you were too slow not to buy it.”
I wish I belonged to that Credit Union! That would be my trump card with the lovely War Department!

Top Bottom