What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Casio DW-5600E for hike out to the river with my wife. It (the watch, not my wife) had been neglected for a few weeks and needed some wrist time and a fun adventure.

5600.jpg

Got this watch about a week ago, strap just arrived yesterday. Pobeda Red 12 on a one-piece "oxblood red" leather strap with button closure. The watch is about 70 years old but in amazing condition. Even has some of the factory film on the underside! True to it's age it is a small watch - about 32mm.
red12.jpg

I picked up this watch somewhat on a whim. I had another watch on a rubber strap that had the crown ripped out, and needed something to wear while swimming with the kids on an upcoming vacation. However, this has gotten a LOT of wrist time since I picked it up. Apparently it's pretty popular as well. Still a bit on the large side for my little wrist, but comfortable. May eventually look into a NATO for it, but I'm good with the included rubber strap for now.

1597236145311.png

Great looking watches lately everyone! Recently acquired Timex Q 1979 reissue 50 m 'diver' (pic a little blurry it seems). Just nice to have a reliable quartz lying around (supposedly Seiko movement).. Need to get it outside for a better look, but I think the "pepsi" style bezel is blue-black and orange and the face seems kind of blue-black as well.. Domed "scratch resistant" acrylic crystal. Cool retro band, decent lume
IMG_4389[1].JPG
, and approximately 38 mm diam..

Just got it yesterday. Was gearing up to spend $500 on a g-shock when I gave my head a shake and realized I just need something to tell the time when I'm at the gym and don't want to worry about smashing it with a kettlebell like I did my $500 Orient (it survived unscathed)

20200814_082554.jpg

Today I wore...nothing. Watches, I mean. I wasn't galavanting around in the birthday suit. Haven't done THAT since I was 3 and decided to do a nude "walkabout" to a neighborhood grocery from our apartment in Salinas when my dad was stationed at Fort Ord. Apparently, the patrons were quite amused by my naked, tow-headed, giggling galavanting up and down the aisles. Mom eventually found me. Luckily, they all knew me because they all knew Mom. She was a cheerleader in HS and seemed to attract both attention and memory.

HAD I remembered to wear a watch today, it likely would've been my Casio "metal" G-Shock Chinese conversion. I just left the house absentmindedly this morning.

Top Bottom