What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Panerai it is not but I do like it.

IMG_3485.jpeg

Lots of Vostoks coming up lately... neat to see them!

After buying one that showed up not working right, I now have two incoming now. :D

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have to ask, how much does it gain or lose per week?
BTW, that is a nice watch and shirt combo

let’s see; I received it on Friday June 21st just prior to noon and it was running in the box upon arrival. I hacked it and set to a reference time (NIST) and wound it 30 times and put it on my wrist. It has seldom been off my wrist, practically 24 hours a day for 45 days and it has fluctuated between +1 to -2 seconds but mostly within a half second of that original reference time. Absolutely the most accurate mechanical wristwatch of the 60 plus I’ve owned.
They say the best way to test a true Chef is to taste his most simple dish, a roast Chicken. If he can pull that off then you can only imagine what his more intricate dishes will be. The Oyster Perpetual is the roast Chicken of Rolex. Their most simple wristwatch.

@Antique Hoosier I to love the accuracy of Rolex, my DJII currently is at +2/3 SPD and its very consistent with that +2/3 so by weeks end it’s gained 15-20 secs and it does not matter on how it’s rested.

I do have other pieces that are slightly more accurate like my Ulysse Nardin Marine and it runs at +/- 0 and other pieces are just as accurate as my Rolex but the longevity of that accuracy is what matters so we will see how my other pieces hold up in the long run.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My GMT as bought in 1992 ran until last year at or better than +1.5 seconds a day, with very little deviation. After service at the factory shop it is not yet as steady, running +14 to +20 seconds a week, well within COSC and hopefully it will wear in a little .. wore it all last week for an out of town wedding event

Attachments

• gmt.jpg
    gmt.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 10
Lots of Vostoks coming up lately... neat to see them!

After buying one that showed up not working right, I now have two incoming now. :D

I bought one but didn't like the style once it was on my wrist. Asked the seller if he was willing to exchange it for a different Vostok he had for sale, and he was. The waiting begins again! And I have a Pobeda Red 12 on the way.

let’s see; I received it on Friday June 21st just prior to noon and it was running in the box upon arrival. I hacked it and set to a reference time (NIST) and wound it 30 times and put it on my wrist. It has seldom been off my wrist, practically 24 hours a day for 45 days and it has fluctuated between +1 to -2 seconds but mostly within a half second of that original reference time. Absolutely the most accurate mechanical wristwatch of the 60 plus I’ve owned.
They say the best way to test a true Chef is to taste his most simple dish, a roast Chicken. If he can pull that off then you can only imagine what his more intricate dishes will be. The Oyster Perpetual is the roast Chicken of Rolex. Their most simple wristwatch.

My non-COSC STOWA is accurate to +4/-6 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My non-COSC STOWA is accurate to +4/-6 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve admired Stowa from afar very much! Cool watches! To clarify, the OP39mm I bought 45 days ago is within one second after said 45 days. My only other watch ever owned that was close was a Grand Seiko 9F Quartz which was less than 3 seconds off in a year.

My Explorer II is +1, and my Datejust is +6. Within spec, but... my Tag Carrera is better than both, only loosing about a second per week!

Top Bottom