What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Last day for the Dirskie

AF378462-8834-467A-B54F-0CD6E87DBBE2.jpeg

Is there a reference number for that model on Meronom? To speak bluntly...I desire that model.

I was lucky to find it, it was purchased by a gent in Magadan Russia in 1990 and his intent was to wear it but he never did so he listed it on eBay and I got it for a very reasonable cost, even with a strap I got for it total investment was less than $100

As far a model goes it’s just a Komandirskie and I have asked on another forum that has a section for Russian pieces what model of Komandirskie and none really seem to know or agree, I know Meromon has several Komandirskies like the Tank, Submariner etc....but none like what I have.

I was lucky to find it, it was purchased by a gent in Magadan Russia in 1990 and his intent was to wear it but he never did so he listed it on eBay and I got it for a very reasonable cost, even with a strap I got for it total investment was less than $100

As far a model goes it’s just a Komandirskie and I have asked on another forum that has a section for Russian pieces what model of Komandirskie and none really seem to know or agree, I know Meromon has several Komandirskies like the Tank, Submariner etc....but none like what I have.

You breath rarified air, friend.

@03Jarhead Yes you can do it without a timegrapher it just takes longer, here is a vid by someone showing you how.... the only diffidence is between a manual wind and auto you just have to swing the rotor out of the way to get to the regulation arm and don’t confuse the regulation arm with the one that controls beat error ( tic versus tock ) This is where a tiny move makes a big difference so just barely nudge it in the +/- direction to speed up or slow down then put the case back on and fully wind and wear for a day and see if you have to move it again, without a timegrapher it will usually take 4-6 moves

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've regulated a couple Russki's here, no problem, just heed William's advice about TINY movements, or you will be chasing it till the cows come home

M

member 119848

The mini-turtle. My first dive watch.
I needed to monitor how much time I spend in the water (especially in cold water). I don´t dive, but I practice the Wim Hof method every day. She´s ready to bath in the baltic sea daily!
Also, I´m quite happy that it fits my slender 6,1" wrists thanks to its short lug-to-lug size. It still looks bulky, but it wears very comfortably.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_32f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what was broken ?

Date complication. It didnt change when I tried to set it. It did jump two dates at around 8 the first day I had it, and then never moved again. I could also feel the movement slipping when I was winding... so I just got a bad feeling about the whole thing, and sent it back.

20200721_172214.jpg

Okay...there it is. The thing that was sold to me under false pretenses. A "sterile" watch was advertised. This fraud was delivered.

Nope, that is no Omega. The manual wind is gritty and it seems to gain a LOT of seconds per day. I suspect it is a Seagull movement. This is a beater watch if ever there was one. One of my work watches. Do not buy this thing. Seek ye not its existence on websites from countries having big problems with hydroelectric dams and monsoon rainfall. Just. Don't.

Top Bottom