What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Last day for my vintage Dirskie
E8359F07-7398-46E6-ADE1-88D010673987.jpeg

Just got this in the mail. Super excited. My first g-shock 5600e. Wanted something tough for work and when out fishing and in the woods. Figured this would fit the bill.

View attachment 1118543

20200627_135607.jpg

Totally understand that sentiment. My GW5600-BB, dressed up in a metal kit from Aliexpress, is helping me negotiate the wilds of my favorite bier garten this afternoon.

I'm gonna buy one of those. I don't wear a watch when I'm in my garage shop because I don't wanna bust em up. But this one could definitely be a shop watch.
Definitely 👍. I may convert mine to a nato strap sometime but I'm really surprised how comfortable the resin band is. I like it so far though. Tough, useful features, and not enormous.

AshleyC

I have been watching the Marie Kondo Show on Netflix. She helps people organize with the use of certain folding/storage techniques and by getting rid of things that no longer "spark joy." Watch the link if you need help in making a "joy" determination.

In that vein, I have been cleaning out closets, organizing my kitchen etc in an effort to simplify and retain things that are of quality and "spark joy." Conversely, I have been selling/donating things that are redundant, outdated and are otherwise joyless. I still have a long way to go re my declutterization.

I would respectfully submit that this newly acquired watch does not spark joy.

The concept of joy. It is powerless against the force of indifference. Indifference is a force on par with entropy, which will inevitably shut down reality when even the last black hole in the universe peters out. As even it must.

Wait. No. That was entirely too morose for a Sunday. Especially when talking about watches!

I will probably end up giving this thing to somebody. To thine own self be true...

Definitely 👍. I may convert mine to a nato strap sometime but I'm really surprised how comfortable the resin band is. I like it so far though. Tough, useful features, and not enormous.
besides resin or rubber straps, what others will be resistant to sweat? I'm about to order the g shock, and i was just wondering what strap won't start to smell after a while. Since it will get sweat on it from me working in the garage shop.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
An old favorite today: Citizen EcoDrive GMT World Timer, 20 years-old, and still going strong. The s/s monocoque case, polished bezel and mineral crystal shown nary a scratch despite "beater" wear. Sports a Hirsch carbon fiber strap these days. (Pix to come.)

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
An old favorite today: Citizen EcoDrive GMT World Timer, 20 years-old, and still going strong. The s/s monocoque case, polished bezel and mineral crystal show few miles despite "beater" wear and lousy photography. Sports a Hirsch carbon fiber strap these days.

Interestingly, this is the watch that replaced my Rolex 1655 Explorer II as a daily wearer. Just liked it better--especially since I wasn't putting five figures at risk every time I strapped it on. When I sold my collection--including my Rolexes--the Citizens were among the few watches I kept.

View attachment 1119517

Top Bottom