What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

My Smiths Everest is brand new. Smiths like a lot of British industry went under in the 70s, mass produced quartz watches did for them. A UK company Timefactors bought the trademarks and started making them again, though in small numbers. When Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Everest he had two watches with him, a Rolex and a Smiths. This is an obvious nod to both of them with its Explorer dial and 36mm case. It has a Miyota movement. All in all I think its a great hommage to both of them at a very reasonable price.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Grand Seiko & Hermès
943C3932-5CE0-4679-B534-77DFF57CB4D1.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
My Smiths Everest is brand new. Smiths like a lot of British industry went under in the 70s, mass produced quartz watches did for them. A UK company Timefactors bought the trademarks and started making them again, though in small numbers. When Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Everest he had two watches with him, a Rolex and a Smiths. This is an obvious nod to both of them with its Explorer dial and 36mm case. It has a Miyota movement. All in all I think its a great hommage to both of them at a very reasonable price.
I've bought several watches from Timefactors back when I was collecting. Great shop, though I've forgotten the owner's name. Are they still around?

I've bought several watches from Timefactors back when I was collecting. Great shop, though I've forgotten the owner's name. Are they still around?
The owners name is Eddie Platt and yes he's still in business. He's had health problems and usually only takes orders once a week. It's my second timefactors watch and I've nothing but good things to say about them. Their nato straps are the best in the business in my opinion.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Put my Promaster on a NATO strap. Made a world of difference. Way more comfortable now. View attachment 1106000
Big Citizen fan here. Own two "Toughs" from almost 20 years ago, both with nitrided Duratect cases. They're my beaters, yet they show nary a scratch.

I'm a strap switcher, too: one wears silicone rubber, the other, Bond NATO. Makes all the difference in both comfort and looks.

Picked this up from a micro brand maker from the land down under, Its a MAS ( Mathew and Son )Irukandji diver

I just kinda stumbled across it several months back and started looking at specs and reading and watching reviews and the story behind MAS watches is very cool

It took several, several weeks to get to me, actually it took almost two months due to customs and this COVID-19 thing but the wait was worth it.

The watch is very well made and the price is very reasonable, below are the specs.....it has a Seiko NH35 movement that is regulated before it goes out the door and is supposed to be +/- 5 SPD which I think is exceptional

The last pic is from Mathew‘s site with specs

5A799034-6C7C-42DC-9A1C-6A7663948081.jpeg
4A68590A-5879-4504-A451-EC2156B07855.jpeg
14B5AE32-8B49-4A72-886E-3BBF48FC27AE.jpeg
AB020AA4-736B-47F7-BA9F-ACDE1DA12A9B.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Picked this up from a micro brand maker from the land down under, Its a MAS ( Mathew and Son )Irukandji diver

I just kinda stumbled across it several months back and started looking at specs and reading and watching reviews and the story behind MAS watches is very cool

It took several, several weeks to get to me, actually it took almost two months due to customs and this COVID-19 thing but the wait was worth it.

The watch is very well made and the price is very reasonable, below are the specs.....it has a Seiko NH35 movement that is regulated before it goes out the door and is supposed to be +/- 5 SPD which I think is exceptional

The last pic is from Mathew‘s site with specs

View attachment 1107230View attachment 1107231View attachment 1107232View attachment 1107240
Good looking watch. Iridescent dial, no? Nice size, too. Like it a lot.

Top Bottom