What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Today's choice is my first generation Seiko SKX779 Black Monster with the new movement I replaced earlier this week.

Monster 9-28.jpg

F4A787D9-9DA3-473A-8800-B51D70FD1350.jpeg
Just got this in. Very affordable meca-quartz chronograph with a miyota movement. Don’t know much about the company other than the fact that it is a former Swiss brand that somebody purchased the name and apparently is now using for watches made in Asia but I liked the look and at a price under $100 I decided to give it a shot

Tried on this Nomos Glashütte, Orion Neomatik 41 datum at my AD. Definitely saving up for a pre-owned direct from the manufacturer... Super classy
proxy.php

Tried on this Nomos Glashütte, Orion Neomatik 41 datum at my AD. Definitely saving up for a pre-owned direct from the manufacturer... Super classy

@Serotiny nice! Huge soft spot for German watches, not enough love over Swiss brands. Nomos produces some of my all-time favourites, second only to Farer for me. How do you go about obtaining a pre-owned?

@Serotiny nice! Huge soft spot for German watches, not enough love over Swiss brands. Nomos produces some of my all-time favourites, second only to Farer for me. How do you go about obtaining a pre-owned?
The Chrono24 app has the direct from Nomos boutique and you can request pre-owned models there.

I'll check it Farer.

The Chrono24 app has the direct from Nomos boutique and you can request pre-owned models there.

I'll check it Farer.

Awesome, thanks! I had no idea. Farer are quite a bit different, it's a 'microbrand' but incorporates a lot of colour in a fun way. May not be for you, depending on what interests you most about Nomos.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Been awhile since I was in ths thread, glad to see it still going. Today my Blue Scuba Dood is wearing a replacement bezel just received ..

IMG_9156.JPG

Fossil Arkitekt from about 12-13 years ago.
It's a great automatic watch. If you look behind the "spokes" you can see the weight (it's black) that is used for the self winding. When I move I can see it spin.

20181012_160659.jpg

Legion

Staff member
DSC00306.JPG

Warm weather is here, so I will switch it to a watch that runs off sunlight and has a washable band for a while.

Top Bottom