What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

The bracelet is partly hollow, no solid endlinks, stamped clasp and it rattles a bit. Nonetheless it’s usable and was easier to shorten than the Seiko.

I’ll leave it on for the time being but a short look into the drawers brought out this selection. Any opinions on which strap to try out next?
I don't know if we're helping any on this. :) I've considered getting one of the rubber straps you have on the ends for my chrono. The one on the left KIND OF gives a tire tread appearance (if you try...like I do). The Marlon Band-O is a bit like a rally strap, so that could also work. And the canvas may be the best for summer just due to being lighter/airy. Though I'm not sure I dig the color combo there. To be fair - SWMBO does NOT let me make aesthetic decisions in the house. So don't let my lack of ability skew your desire to use a strap. :D

BC0F2CC2-0FB3-4545-8229-2C37B9F1BAC8.jpeg

This has been spending a lot of time on my wrist, the Seiko Prospex SRPE93 " Turtle"
PXL_20230606_134333523.jpg

I have grown very fond of it, finally.

I say finally. When I got, I was enamored with the design of it. I had heard a lot of bad things about the bezel lining up, other of the typical Seiko QC issues, but the watch had none of those. What it didn't do was wear comfortably with the stock rubber strap. The Uncle Seiko waffle strap was only a little better. It's not that it was too big. It is just a heavy-*** watch.

I found some level of comfort with the Blu Shark NATO shown above. But even then it spent more time in the watch case than displaying time on my wrist.

Over the past couple of months I have adopted a different strategy of going through my rotation and have been wearing watches for longer stretch of time. When the Turtle came around the first thing I did was redo how I wore the Nato strap. Now I am happy with how it rides the wrist.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This has been spending a lot of time on my wrist, the Seiko Prospex SRPE93 " Turtle"
View attachment 1666663

I have grown very fond of it, finally.

I say finally. When I got, I was enamored with the design of it. I had heard a lot of bad things about the bezel lining up, other of the typical Seiko QC issues, but the watch had none of those. What it didn't do was wear comfortably with the stock rubber strap. The Uncle Seiko waffle strap was only a little better. It's not that it was too big. It is just a heavy-*** watch.

I found some level of comfort with the Blu Shark NATO shown above. But even then it spent more time in the watch case than displaying time on my wrist.

Over the past couple of months I have adopted a different strategy of going through my rotation and have been wearing watches for longer stretch of time. When the Turtle came around the first thing I did was redo how I wore the Nato strap. Now I am happy with how it rides the wrist.

Any thought of putting it on a metal bracelet?

IMG_4382.jpeg

Any thought of putting it on a metal bracelet?
More than thoughts. And I was going to mention so in my post yesterday but got caught snoozing and got locked out of the edit pane. I'll finish my story now...

So the Turtle wears fine.
PXL_20230606_134633421.jpg

A bracelet would elevate a watch I already enjoy looking at. I have Strapcodes on my SKX-007 and Orient Kamasu and absolutely love them. However, the Turtle is 109 grams on a NATO and the additional weight with a Strapcodes bracelet were a concern. So I went with Uncle Seiko's z199 replica.

And it's arrived. Additionally, I got end links for the SKX if I ever dare to swap out the Strapcode.

Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"

My whole life is inspired by Hannes. 😉😀

So much so that I’m thinking of hitting his “ignore” button. 🤣

He already cost me at least two watches and a pair of shoes (would’ve been 2 pair but, thankfully, they were out of my size. 😳).

I might also start to ignore Mike (@Antique Hoosier) as I find myself looking at Karmann Ghia websites more and more. 😀

And @Whilliam with all those Citizen/Knives combos. (I will not buy knives, I will not buy knives :mad2: )

I’m about to ignore the whole lot of you if you keep preying on my weaknesses (of which there are many 🙄).

It’s not nice to taunt the afflicted.

But in the end…

1686154945183.gif

👍

Top Bottom