What's new

Watch out on eBay...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
proxy.php

Opening bid of only...

$150.00

Good deal, huh.

A little while back I was watching a frameback 7 day set up for auction that had an opening bid of $250 and a $350ish buy it now, seemed fair, but I didn't want it, so I was just curious how much it was gonna go for. No one bid. Next day the seller re-listed it for $300 opening bid. Watched it again...no one bid. Next day he put it up again for $350 opening bid....and surprise....no one bid. Made me kinda chuckle.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
A little while back I was watching a frameback 7 day set up for auction that had an opening bid of $250 and a $350ish buy it now, seemed fair, but I didn't want it, so I was just curious how much it was gonna go for. No one bid. Next day the seller re-listed it for $300 opening bid. Watched it again...no one bid. Next day he put it up again for $350 opening bid....and surprise....no one bid. Made me kinda chuckle.

Maybe try $400?

Those scales though...beautiful and from what I can tell, in really good condition. I'd pay a reasonable amount for this if I had Dubl Duck that needed scales or something.
Top of the scales look disfigured and there is a possible hairline crack as the top pin.

Hell. Blade can probably be salvaged to at least a 9/16”. If the price is right...

The latest thing that annoys me is the 100 character titles that end with “BOX ONLY” which of course gets cropped off on a phone, so you gotta click through the link to see that the imbecile seller is listing a worthless box for $10+ and deliberately tricking people into clicking on it, like they’re going to change their mind and be like “That box is so nice... do I even need the razor?”

I agree about the top of the scales. I'd want more pictures before considering the scales.
Oh sorry, yea didn't see that. Meh, I have stuff with scales that are worse, some that have been rescued from way worse by other members of this community. Like I've seen things go from
image4 (2).jpeg
to a usable
KIMG3993 (1).jpg
(yes it's the same scales, it was painted to hide the patchwork). so the above isn't really bad. Mostly because of the inlays and so on, those are some nice looking scales in general IMO.

Again, depends on the price, honestly for ONLY scales, even if I could salvage them fully, i wouldn't pay more than $100 if that.

Before I buy, I study a razor forward and back. I've never been burned to date. Regarding scales, I prefer if possible. JR put a custom set on the Herder that he got w/o scales.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Oh sorry, yea didn't see that. Meh, I have stuff with scales that are worse, some that have been rescued from way worse by other members of this community. Like I've seen things go from
View attachment 984647
to a usable
View attachment 984648
(yes it's the same scales, it was painted to hide the patchwork). so the above isn't really bad. Mostly because of the inlays and so on, those are some nice looking scales in general IMO.

Again, depends on the price, honestly for ONLY scales, even if I could salvage them fully, i wouldn't pay more than $100 if that.

Impressive restoration.

$100 for scales in this shape is beyond my comprehension, but many things are beyond my comprehension.

DoubleDuck.Shorty.2-27-19.Face&Scales.640.JPG

I've never paid $100 for any vintage SR. Most of mine have been under $25. Some under $15. I have only one Dubl Duck and it's a shorty for which I paid a high price, $37. It is very nice!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom