What's new

Watch is stuck in nowhere land.....

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So I sent my Omega for its regular five year servicing. I sent this back in the first week of March with a promise date of May 20th. CORONA VIRUS HIT.... I received an update on 6/20/2020 that the 5/20/2020 will not be met, no kidding, and new projection is 7/20/2020 and to please be patient. Im tired of using my iphone as my time piece. I just want my watch back.

Interestingly enough, the watch had stopped storing a charge. Mind you, i had it serviced at Nesbits in Seattle back in 2015. It seems that pwer the SWATCH Co. diagnosis, the winding mechanism was faulty. So this would explain why I couldnt go more than a day of not wearing it before it was dead, and i was losing about 2 minutes a week.

Did you send it directly to Omega? I need to do this in a couple years, and haven't figured out what I need to do yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Did you send it directly to Omega? I need to do this in a couple years, and haven't figured out what I'm going to do.

Yes, directly to Omega, who is now SWATCH Co. Depending on where you live it will either go west coast or east coast. I belive the east coast location is in NYC, while the west coast is in or around San Francisco.

I wanted to stick with an authorized dealer repair. You can find plenty of high end shops that work on things, but perhaps thats where i messed up the first time.

Thanks for the info. I'm inclined to send it to Omega directly. I live in bfe, so I'm gonna have to send it off somewhere no matter what.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Thanks for the info. I'm inclined to send it to Omega directly. I live in bfe, so I'm gonna have to send it off somewhere no matter what.

The whole process isnt that bad, but it does move a bit slow. Be prepared to not have your watch for at least three months. They also want payment up front.

I sent my dad's omega for restoration to the omega addict in Arizona. He did a good job on it. https://omegaaddict.com/
proxy.php
proxy.php

here's a before and after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent my GMT Seamaster Pre Coaxial back to the mothership about a yr ago for its 3-5 yr tune up after my previous tuner could not get the watch to hold time.

575.00 Plus Tax Shipped Both Ways. They hit the 10 Week promised time frame. The watch came back looking brand new with a 2 yr wty.

I will likely do so again if and when the situation calls for it.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
A friend just got his 1972 Sub back from Rolex after a well earned overhaul. Given the watch's appreciation (it was $300 new; Subs of that vintage now command $10k plus), I suppose the $3,400 repair bill is reasonable. With a son to leave it to, I think that was the right decision.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
A friend just got his 1972 Sub back from Rolex after a well earned overhaul. Given the watch's appreciation (it was $300 new; Subs of that vintage now command $10k plus), I suppose the $3,400 repair bill is reasonable. With a son to leave it to, I think that was the right decision.

After watching Antiques Roadshow, the problem with Rolex repair/overhaul is that thayu will replace items with new items. This devalues the watch. I was also shocked when Omega sent me back the pieces they replaced. The Roadshow states Rolex will keep the pieces they take out to prevent forgeries with these replaced parts.

I sent my '53 Oyster to the Dallas Rolex service center...
I sent my '53 Oyster to the Dallas Rolex service center to get serviced years ago and they sent it back with a nice note that they do not service watches older than 25 years old. I wonder how your friend got his done.

For a vintage Rolex I would probably be wary of sending it back to Rolex service center for the exact reason Isaac mentioned.
There are companies like rolliworks, LA watch works, or Phillip ridley for that kind of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
After watching Antiques Roadshow, the problem with Rolex repair/overhaul is that thayu will replace items with new items. This devalues the watch. I was also shocked when Omega sent me back the pieces they replaced. The Roadshow states Rolex will keep the pieces they take out to prevent forgeries with these replaced parts.
I cautioned my friend about this very issue. Nonetheless, he went ahead and had Rolex send the watch to Switzerland. He's content with his decision, as he wants to pass the watch on to his eldest son.

One can disdain Rolex's repair policies, but they do help the watches keep their aftermarket value. Like it or not, the brand has done an outstanding job in this respect.

Top Bottom