What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Watch is stuck in nowhere land.....

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Moderator Emeritus
So I sent my Omega for its regular five year servicing. I sent this back in the first week of March with a promise date of May 20th. CORONA VIRUS HIT.... I received an update on 6/20/2020 that the 5/20/2020 will not be met, no kidding, and new projection is 7/20/2020 and to please be patient. Im tired of using my iphone as my time piece. I just want my watch back.

Interestingly enough, the watch had stopped storing a charge. Mind you, i had it serviced at Nesbits in Seattle back in 2015. It seems that pwer the SWATCH Co. diagnosis, the winding mechanism was faulty. So this would explain why I couldnt go more than a day of not wearing it before it was dead, and i was losing about 2 minutes a week.

Did you send it directly to Omega? I need to do this in a couple years, and haven't figured out what I need to do yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Moderator Emeritus
Did you send it directly to Omega? I need to do this in a couple years, and haven't figured out what I'm going to do.

Yes, directly to Omega, who is now SWATCH Co. Depending on where you live it will either go west coast or east coast. I belive the east coast location is in NYC, while the west coast is in or around San Francisco.

I wanted to stick with an authorized dealer repair. You can find plenty of high end shops that work on things, but perhaps thats where i messed up the first time.

Thanks for the info. I'm inclined to send it to Omega directly. I live in bfe, so I'm gonna have to send it off somewhere no matter what.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for the info. I'm inclined to send it to Omega directly. I live in bfe, so I'm gonna have to send it off somewhere no matter what.

The whole process isnt that bad, but it does move a bit slow. Be prepared to not have your watch for at least three months. They also want payment up front.

Sent my GMT Seamaster Pre Coaxial back to the mothership about a yr ago for its 3-5 yr tune up after my previous tuner could not get the watch to hold time.

575.00 Plus Tax Shipped Both Ways. They hit the 10 Week promised time frame. The watch came back looking brand new with a 2 yr wty.

I will likely do so again if and when the situation calls for it.