What's new

Watch Afficionados...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It may save some battery as @Ad Astra mentioned. Many quartz watches are sold this way to prolong the battery life. There has to be something to it.

I've never considered this, but the logic seems solid. Of course, you'll have to set the time and date again if you have that complication. For me, that defeats the advantage of the quartz movement. How frequently are you having to replace the battery?

I've never considered this, but the logic seems solid. Of course, you'll have to set the time and date again if you have that complication. For me, that defeats the advantage of the quartz movement. How frequently are you having to replace the battery?
Not very often. Just curious.

Yes, but only if you are going to not wear it for awhile, and even then it's not necessary. Sometimes watches are shipped crown-out to prevent battery usage, but that's just for shipping. If you are doing it on a regular basis, unless you are that extremely frugal in all areas of your life, you aren't saving anything, you will need to reset the time every day, and you are putting excessive wear on the crown, which would be a pricier fix than a battery change. Just wear it until it stops and change the battery.

Yes, but only if you are going to not wear it for awhile, and even then it's not necessary. Sometimes watches are shipped crown-out to prevent battery usage, but that's just for shipping. If you are doing it on a regular basis, unless you are that extremely frugal in all areas of your life, you aren't saving anything, you will need to reset the time every day, and you are putting excessive wear on the crown, which would be a pricier fix than a battery change. Just wear it until it stops and change the battery.

Good note that I didn't think of. Thanks :thumbup1:

Do yourself a favor and get a non quartz watch, not as accurate as quartz but if they regulated correctly with a decent move then that are pretty close, I gave up battery watches quite awhile ago....if cost is an issue and some are pricy look at some micro brands like MAS, Undone etc....

Top Bottom