What's new

Washita Thread. Show off, discuss, etc.

Conpletely forgot I’d had a little speculative bid on this one which arrived today:

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

Nice snag. I got one awhile back... haven't really used it much; but I just kind of assume they're a "offbrand" #1 that tried to market the choice ones as "white" to capture the "Lily White" fame.

Label is one of the best for sure.

Speculative bid makes me think you got a deal, too. I think they usually sell in the WWD price range... just under what Lily Whites fetch.

Legion

Staff member
Nice snag. I got one awhile back... haven't really used it much; but I just kind of assume they're a "offbrand" #1 that tried to market the choice ones as "white" to capture the "Lily White" fame.

Speculative bid makes me think you got a deal, too. I think they usually sell in the WWD price range... just under what Lily Whites fetch.
It’s a Salmen, so I suppose they were made for export to the UK.

Yep, it's a Pike No.1 rebranded for AB Salmen and the British market, you can see their little logo in the bottom left, a neat coincidence that the Salmen salmon happens to look quite a lot like the Pike pike.

From memory I think I paid 37 quid, which I didn't think too bad for a relatively uncommon labelled Washy. Surprised it slipped through at that price, cos the pictures were good and it came up fine in an ebay search. And you're right - I think that was about 1/2 what I've seen them selling for quite happily before.

Nice stone too; quite a high SG @ 2.35, but acts lower. I've got a Pike LW that's north of 2.4 and they're a world apart, that one is very fine and quite highly translucent, not my favourite stone tbh. This 'Snow Mountain' plays more like a typical lighter Washita.

Last edited:
Very nice. I typically snag them if I see them under $100... and I own one... which I think I paid $125 or so for. So they don't go that cheap often (at least that I've seen).

Top Bottom