What's new

Washing yourself

I usually use one of those body wash +shampoo combos. I used to use the Old Spice variety (I think the "sport" scent...), but tried the Nivea and like it better.

Careful on the manly smelling soaps. When I first got married I used those. My wife hated getting into the shower and smelling the "manly soap". She wanted to smell her girly soaps. Women can be funny at times. :)

I like Dove, but, it's not bright white, it's dingy white. I need a BRIGHT white, readily available soap. I'm thinking of trying Ivory or Dial. I will say this: Pretty much any solid soap is better than any liquid soap. Liquid soap is...weird feeling. I don't like it.

Try these. All natural, no fragrances, just great soap for body, beard, and hair. Their customer service is very good too. If you have a beard or moustache, try the beard balm and beard oil. I use all this stuff and love it! It feels kind of slick on the skin and makes a good shave prep too.

http://www.amishbeardcare.com/Default.asp

We generally use Kiss My Face Olive Oil and Aloe - a good moisturizing soap. However I have a small stash of Mitchell's Wool Fat 150 gram bars which are really terrific

Used to have Irish Spring or Zest around. Now I just use whatever SWMBO fancies. Usually some fancy locally made stuff that is probably wasted on me. :lol:

Feeling like I might want something more manly?

My hair-to-toe soap for spring & summer is Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I usually order 4-6 bars at a time from amazon. In winter, I prefer a triple-milled Rose or a South of France soap (usually Lavender or Shea Butter).

Lately for my face I've been using The Co-operative "Love Your Skin Pure Soap" which is perfume and colour free from Co-operative Food stores in United Kingdom. My face feels and looks a lot better with smaller pores and less dry and tight, than previously when I variously used Nivea and Neutrogena face wash products. Very slippy in the hand which takes some getting used to. I'm now extending its use to my body in the shower and so far so good. Ingredients list for comparison: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid.

Body: Lava, because I like me a $0.97/bar pumice-based, no-nonsense body scrub that leaves my skin feeling great out of the shower.
Hair: Any 2-in-1 product will work.

Last edited:
I've found Tom's of Maine Sensitive Natural Beauty Bar Soap with Soothing Chamomile to be very nice indeed.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I exclusively use

$950.jpg

Top Bottom