What's new

Washing out the wax

I settled onto a nightly method for a good solid cleaning of the stach, thought I'd share it. I use a fairly beat up and already abused boar bristle shaving brush I had for beater travel, and musgo real glycerin soap, and basically lather up and face lather with those and good hot tap water. It seems to work really well in getting all the product out for the same reasons the brush works for shaving. It gets in and around all the hairs and gets the soap all through the stach nicely. Rinse well and dry.

Anyone else have anything they do which is different than just a washcloth and soap/water? I may try some of the special made products designed for washing facial hair eventually, but with this working as well as it seems to, not sure I have any real need to explore more.

No, but I just switched from washing my face with my hands to using a washcloth, so, there's that...

That is an interesting idea with the shave brush though. I have a few extras, and don't shave anymore, so I might just give that a try.

I've never used a brush to wash out the stache but it's a good idea. Since I tend to get dirty at work I take my showers at night vs the morning but on the rare occasion I miss a night and have to was out my wax I had been using just my hands with some shaving soap. I think I'll try one of my boar brushes next time. Thanks for the idea!

I go to sleep with wax in. Wash it out in the shower in the morning. :D

Usually by the time i get to bed, the wax is either gone, or light anyway... unless I used Brother Love, in which case, only a jack hammer gets that stuff out.

I finger lather a 2/1 shampoo conditioner or clarifying shampoo ( especially if I used a mineral oil or Petro jelly product ). A quick search and I came up with an omega 11047 boar ( perfect size ) and imperial barber glycerin soap and it works very well. Excellent tip.

I've used a drop of beard oil brushed through, it removes the stickiness of wax and separates the hair really well, and washes much easier afterwards too.

Top Bottom